LW Patrik Puistola - Mikkelin Jukurit, Liiga (2019, 73rd, CAR; traded to EDM)

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
And why the hell not? I read them much rather than the kind of whining that you just made about posting them.

Reactions: Pardus

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Because it happens all the time and it's pretty obnoxious to bump 30 prospect threads on every single game day.
I dont see how it can bother anyone. I at least like it that I can see that a prospect that I like to follow has scored. I follow so many prospects though, that it’s hard to keep up always how they have been doing, so I really appreciate these kind of posts myself. And if you don’t like them, big deal, skip them and read the next posts. I never understood this kind of bullying at any boards like these.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If you don't get why it's obnoxious to bump half a page of threads per game day, I don't even know how to explain it. If you actually are following these prospects, you know how they're doing anyway. I read every bumped thread thinking it's something important, and always it's a disappointment. Bumping every random thread every time a player scores would make the forum extremely chaotic. Imagine if they did it for every CHL, NTDP, AHL prospect? It's not just for top prospects either, but many completely irrelevant prospects who never will be drafted.

Reactions: Tryamkin and bebl

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If you don't get why it's obnoxious to bump half a page of threads per game day, I don't even know how to explain it. If you actually are following these prospects, you know how they're doing anyway. I read every bumped thread thinking it's something important, and always it's a disappointment. Bumping every random thread every time a player scores would make the forum extremely chaotic. Imagine if they did it for every CHL, NTDP, AHL prospect? It's not just for top prospects either, but many completely irrelevant prospects who never will be drafted.

When my presence in this forum disturbs you so much i stop here.

Last edited:
Reactions: bebl

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
As you see, what is after all important about a player is a very relative thing. Your important might not be my important and the other way around.

Reactions: Pardus

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Don't care about whiners! I like a lot what you've been doing. Finnish junior hockey is living its golden ages and that's something to shout out loud. Damn, I'm so proud of our juniors!

No one is saying it's bad to be proud , though as with most prospects updates should be with a long hot /cold streak, a call up, ( National team, professional level) , highlight reel play, mid to end season report, etc. Otherwise, this board would be crazy. It's also different when they are at the professional level like Liiga as a youngster , then it's more understandable to update their progress closer to a more often basis.

Reactions: LAINEC and bebl

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Having a "Finnish Prospect Update" sticky thread could really help with stuff like this. Especially now since there seems to be an influx of promising young Finnish players recently.
Yep, that's exactly what I had in mind, actually. Would make far more sense than bumping a dozen threads on every game day.

Reactions: bebl and JabbaJabba

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yep, that's exactly what I had in mind, actually. Would make far more sense than bumping a dozen threads on every game day.
If you really had it in your mind why didn’t you bring up this great idea? Instead of offending a poster whom has been enthusiastically been doing some work that many of us did after all even appreciate. Now you in fact made this poster feel like there is no worth in posting here much anymore. I HATE the approach that some people have on these boards. Like they are the only people and whom these boards were meant for. Really pisses me off!

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If you really had it in your mind why didn’t you bring up this great idea? Instead of offending a poster whom has been enthusiastically been doing some work that many of us did after all even appreciate. Now you in fact made this poster feel like there is no worth in posting here much anymore. I HATE the approach that some people have on these boards. Like they are the only people and whom these boards were meant for. Really pisses me off!
Shrug, it's not my problem if he's easily offended. What does my approval have to do with him posting? He can simply ignore me and my opinions and post away. In general, I don't understand his overbearing reactions to every little thing, throughout the forum. As for why I didn't post about it, I don't know? I agreed with a poster suggesting it, would it have been better to post a separate post where I bring the idea up instead even though it already had been? Should I have pretended that I had never thought of such an idea when I had? Sorry but I'm not following.

Reactions: bebl

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
The person bumping these threads used to be TheFinnishHockeyFan (or whatever the nick), based on what he's doing and how he writes.

Anyway I sincerely hope that the moderators would consider the "Finnish Prospect Update" thread now since there are still pretty good amount of promising kids in the pipeline and clearly the changes in the jr development in the country have taken the much needed steps forward to assure that the pipeline should not be exhaust anytime in the near future. Instead of having a topic of each promising prospect where most probably won't see a game in the NHL, their daily accomplishments could instead be discussed over there as opposed to having individual threads without really knowing if that certain someone could be considered a top prospect (excluding the likes of Kakko and Honka for instance, who are quite certainly going in the first round). This has been requested for quite a while now. Maybe it's time.

Puistola just might be good enough to have his own topic though.

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Puistola has now over PPG (4+2) in 5 Mestis games. Also PPG in Jr A with 9+7 in 16 games. Seems to be a decent prospect. Has risen over Nikkanen and Aaltonen of Finnish forwards in my own rankings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad