LW Patrik Laine (2016, 2nd, WPG) XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Holy crap this guy is overrated. I'd bet anyone he will never score 50 goals in a season or be anywhere close to Mario.

Who's saying he will be Mario?

Jets top line can be,

Laine- Scheifele- Wheeler/Ehlers, I wouldn't go make any bets just yet.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Holy crap this guy is overrated. I'd bet anyone he will never score 50 goals in a season or be anywhere close to Mario.

That's easy bet for you to win.. As no one will come close to Mario.. Laine has been said to have Lemieux style in his game

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Puck action stats for Laine's line, 5v5(Amount of actions in total, % of good actions):

Laine: 52, 75.00%
Barkov: 43, 95.35%
Aho: 43, 60.05%

Aho was 3rd worst on the team in these statistics, Barkov was second-best. Laine was 6th best for the team's forwards.

Worth noting is that Laine had the most actions out of all forwards on the team with 52. #2 was Granlund with 45. Granlund also had several minutes more of 5v5 time.

Side note: Barkov's good.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I'm not sure which is more embarassing anymore, to call Laine do things and overhype or to come post stuff in that manner before the guy has even played his 1st NHL game.

He will never be the reincarnation of Mario Lemieux but he might score 50 goals someday if everything goes as planned.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I'm not sure which is more embarassing anymore, to call Laine do things and overhype or to come post stuff in that manner before the guy has even played his 1st NHL game.

He will never be the reincarnation of Mario Lemieux but he might score 50 goals someday if everything goes as planned.

I'd take that bet quite easily

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'd take that bet quite easily

If you would take this bet 'easily', would you say if someone saying Laine potentially could score 50 in the NHL one day as being overrated? Or if someone claimed he could not potentially score 50 that he is underrated?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
That he will never score 50 in a season in his career.
Shouting things like that out loud doesn't take much since no one is going to be there to find you and your post if he hits 50 goals at the age of 27, for example.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That he will never score 50 in a season in his career.

The question is: Why would you go out of your way to say that? There doesn't seem to be any purpose behind your actions except trying to bash the guy in his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->