LW Owen Van Steensel - North Bay Battalion, OHL (2022 Draft; Undrafted)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Quite honestly shocked he doesn't have a thread yet.

Only had 6 points in his first 34 games of the season but improved to 28 points in his final 32 games of the season. He has great hockey sense, good puck skills, great shot and is a hound on the puck. Probably one of the biggest sleepers going into the NHL draft this season.

Reactions: Kcoyote3

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Was a defensive beast in the Kingston series too. Think he deserves a look in the 2nd.
I think he'll get a 4th-7th pickup. He's got a great looking shot, decent wheels. Next year when NB has so many graduating players, I think he takes a big step forward in his point production. However, he wasn't ranked by CSS, so it's possible he's still enough under the radar to grab in 4-7th.

Reactions: PostBradMalone

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I think he'll get a 4th-7th pickup. He's got a great looking shot, decent wheels. Next year when NB has so many graduating players, I think he takes a big step forward in his point production. However, he wasn't ranked by CSS, so it's possible he's still enough under the radar to grab in 4-7th.

3rd-4th might be more realistic, I just remember what happened with Remi Elie and how a couple teams could see a similar kind of jump coming with more opportunity.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i like him and stonehouse. should both be good pros. 3rd round likely as high as they'd go, but
as others said, 4th to 7th seems like the wheelhouse.

Reactions: LeProspector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad