LW Nikita Gusev - SKA, KHL (2012, 202nd, TBL; traded to VGK)

Fulcrum

I know it. I mean, when he was in the KHL he have limited ice time.
For a generational talent (read the first 10 messages in this topic) this is not a very good sign. Even limit for the youngsters don't help him :(. I hope it's just a matter of time and soon he'll get more ice in the KHL.

Generational talent?? Gusev? oh man- who cares about messages in this forum. I remember watching him in 09-10 season- talented kid, that's all.

He is a great talent, but he has to prove himself in pro hockey, he is a nobody. Until he can prove that he can be a leader in VHL, its hard to justify Giving him KHL time on a team like CSKA.

He is doing pretty well though

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Nikita Gusev at KHL All-Star Breakaway Challenge

Thank you! Just a wonderfully skilled player. Big fan. Happy to say I had the pleasure of seeing him live as part of the Russian Selects, in Ottawa a few years back.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I still want this guy to come over and play with his buddy Kucherov. Hopefully he does when his KHL contract is up

Are you sure? I think he will look much better with Galchenyuk:naughty:

Don't forget Markov,Emelin and Gonchar

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Gusev is the same age as Datsyuk was when he played his last year in Russia before making the Red Wings. Also in relative obscurity.

Just saying.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Gusev is the same age as Datsyuk was when he played his last year in Russia before making the Red Wings. Also in relative obscurity.

Just saying.
Drafted in the 7th round too, even later. If the Bolts got this additional degree of ridiculous good fortune, it would be criminal. That said, I have him in my FHL... so, torn. :help:

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
What's his story, any chance he comes and plays next year (or in the foreseeable future)?

Yzlamic Preacher*

What's his story, any chance he comes and plays next year (or in the foreseeable future)?

I think he has one more year on his KHL contract. He hasn't said anything about coming over from what I can remember. But with the success of Kucherov, Nesterov and Vasilevskiy, it might be enough to entice him to come over and play.

EDIT: Also maybe in the title mods should put that Gusev was drafted in the 7th Round 202 Overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I think he has one more year on his KHL contract. He hasn't said anything about coming over from what I can remember. But with the success of Kucherov, Nesterov and Vasilevskiy, it might be enough to entice him to come over and play.

EDIT: Also maybe in the title mods should put that Gusev was drafted in the 7th Round 202 Overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Stevie-Y taking a page out of the Red Wings playbook and creating mini russia down in florida... look out.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The kid has stayed in Russia and developed his skills the proper way, wouldn't surprise me the slightest if he shows as well as Panarin and Kucherov have thus far. Might need half to a full season in the AHL though. Tampa is pretty deep up front.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The kid has stayed in Russia and developed his skills the proper way, wouldn't surprise me the slightest if he shows as well as Panarin and Kucherov have thus far. Might need half to a full season in the AHL though. Tampa is pretty deep up front.

Yeah, instead of getting 2-3M euro in SKA he'll play for $80K in the AHL...

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Yeah, instead of getting 2-3M euro in SKA he'll play for $80K in the AHL...

Gusev has a few months to prove his abilities with SKA. If his production is comparable to Panarin's he'll be getting PAID.

I agree that no AHL regardless.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So since being traded to SKA, Nikita Gusev has scored 9+17 in 22 games. It's pretty much Panarin level, who scored 62 points in 54 games last season.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
So since being traded to SKA, Nikita Gusev has scored 9+17 in 22 games. It's pretty much Panarin level, who scored 62 points in 54 games last season.
Actually 9+14. I hope he gets invited to the World Championship this year, such a joy to watch. Incredible skillset.
Tampa is a skilled team, I hope he'll fit there well with little nned of AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->