LW Nikita Gusev - SKA, KHL (2012, 202nd, TBL; traded to VGK)

Veilleuxxx

Sep 25, 2011
Gusev is an excellent talented and skilled player, but... he's 19.

Renko and Yaku are 17 and 18. They are 2012 elegible's... Gusev is a 2010 elegible's.

He doesn't have a good shape and he's not very strong... 5'9 and 160 lbs.

He'll be a KHL player for his carreer... but if Grigorenko and Kucherov play for the same team... why not Gusev to complete the line ? We can dream !

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Gusev is an excellent talented and skilled player, but... he's 19.

Renko and Yaku are 17 and 18. They are 2012 elegible's... Gusev is a 2010 elegible's.

He doesn't have a good shape and he's not very strong... 5'9 and 160 lbs.

He'll be a KHL player for his carreer... but if Grigorenko and Kucherov play for the same team... why not Gusev to complete the line ? We can dream !

He's not very strong? He's plenty strong on his skates. Watch how he dominates down low when he as the puck.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
His stats this season in MHL regular season are 76 points (30 goals) in 43 games. In the playoff he has scored 30 points (14goals) in 14 games so far. Yesterday he led his team to the final with a 4 goal night.

He played 15 games (limited icetime) in KHL and scored 3 points. He also was a big part of Russias U20 team who got silver medal in WJC. He scored 9 points in 7 games.

Playing style is a typical super puck skilled russian forward. He has amazing puck control and he often scored beautiful goals. Whats impressed most is his hockey IQ and playmaking skill. He can find any player on ice and make some really sick plays.

So do you think any team will draft him?

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
His stats this season in MHL regular season are 76 points (30 goals) in 43 games. In the playoff he has scored 30 points (14goals) in 14 games so far. Yesterday he led his team to the final with a 4 goal night.

He played 15 games (limited icetime) in KHL and scored 3 points. He also was a big part of Russias U20 team who got silver medal in WJC. He scored 9 points in 7 games.

Playing style is a typical super puck skilled russian forward. He has amazing puck control and he often scored beautiful goals. Whats impressed most is his hockey IQ and playmaking skill. He can find any player on ice and make some really sick plays.

So do you think any team will draft him?

Yeah he should get drafted around the 3rd or 4th round.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Has he ever mentioned North America or the NHL or does he want to stay in Russia? The Wings could definitely use him, Datsyuk isn't getting any younger... :)

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Yeah he should get drafted around the 3rd or 4th round.

Some lists have put him as high as in the early 2nd round.

As for who might pick him, Tampa Bay is probably a good bet after what they did in last years draft.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Guy is a 1st round talent in a weak draft. He's probably going to be picked around the mid-2nd round due to the passport, but he could move to NA and play in the AHL right away.

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Can't believe he went undrafted. He has sick, absolutely sick passing skills. This is not exaggeration by any means. His passing reminds me of Datsyuk's passing and perhaps a little of Crosby. He also can shoot pretty amazing for the guy of his size.

Throughout the super series and the world juniors he was the best player on team Russia IMO. I went to all the Russia games at the WJC and I was in awe of this guy's skillset. So smooth and patient with the puck and those long bomb breakaway passes were a thing of beauty. So much fun to watch.
Nikita reminds me a lot of Patrick Kane. Small, shifty, slippery playmaker type.
Very curious to see where he will get picked in this draft as he is definitely in the top 5 in terms of offensive skill, he would of absolutely destroyed the CHL if he was there this year. Intriguing prospect that's for sure.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I know he talked with Yzerman at the WJC. It is likely that Tampa snags him since he has exceptional chemistry with Kucherov whom he has played on the same line with over the past 2-3 years. Drafting players with chemistry makes a lot of sense. Look at the Sedins, Russian 5. I don't think he will pan out if he goes to a team like Montreal or Columbus.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
That guy has incredible hands I would love for the Jets to use a late round pick on him you can't teach skill like that

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Some lists have put him as high as in the early 2nd round.

As for who might pick him, Tampa Bay is probably a good bet after what they did in last years draft.

Hopefully.

I know he talked with Yzerman at the WJC. It is likely that Tampa snags him since he has exceptional chemistry with Kucherov whom he has played on the same line with over the past 2-3 years. Drafting players with chemistry makes a lot of sense. Look at the Sedins, Russian 5. I don't think he will pan out if he goes to a team like Montreal or Columbus.

That is exactly my thought.

Namestnikov, Kucherov and Nesterov in the last draft. Plus as he is seen as a 2nd round pick, Tampa has either 3 or 4 atm.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Gusev reunited with Kucherov. Tampa grabs him in the 7th. I look forward to seeing many wonderful breakaway passes somewhere down the line in Tampa. Well done!

Steal of the draft.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Steal of the draft.

Lets see if he even makes it over to North America before we declare him to be the steal of the draft.

No surprise that he was taken by the Lightning though, Yzerman is beginning to look like the new Mike Smith in terms of drafting.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
the fact Tampa was able (and waited) to grab him in the last round might suggest Gusev was more positive about crossing the ocean to join the Lightning (Kucherov, and to a lesser extent maybe Nesterov and Vasilevski) than to join other teams..

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
the fact Tampa was able (and waited) to grab him in the last round might suggest Gusev was more positive about crossing the ocean to join the Lightning (Kucherov, and to a lesser extent maybe Nesterov and Vasilevski) than to join other teams..

Namestnikov's father also coaches CSKA

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
why do you say if you don't know?

he's in the VHL with very good playing time
I know it. I mean, when he was in the KHL he have limited ice time.
For a generational talent (read the first 10 messages in this topic) this is not a very good sign. Even limit for the youngsters don't help him :(. I hope it's just a matter of time and soon he'll get more ice in the KHL.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
But you are right, playing full minutes in VHL it's better for him now than 5 minutes TOI in KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad