LW Nando Eggenberger - HC Davos, NLA (2018 undrafted)

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Probably that's better if the main purpose is to showcase himself in NA, but for a purely development point of view I have no doubt that staying in Davos and playing against grown ups in a good level tournament is much better.
For someone that already played 80/90 matches against full grown men, going back to CHL is probably a step back

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There are rumours of him joining the CHL next year on a loan move from Davos. Probably got way too little of playing time in the NLA and didn't do too much on the big stages such as the WJCU20. It was a perfect storm for him.

I still very much like him as a player and we're seeing more and more overagers drafted. Just because he wasn't picked doesn't mean he's a bad prospect nor lacks NHL talent. He found himself in a bad situation where he wasn't able to showcase his talent to the best of his ability.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Nando Eggenberger Commits to Generals – Oshawa Generals

Will play in Oshawa next season. Physically, he's more than ready, hope he finds his scoring touch again, was a difficult season in Davos with 4th line minutes.
Still pretty sure it was a huge miss by all 31 teams, someone will pick him next year!

Arno del Curto did a great job destroying his confidence last season when he gave him a good amount of ice time in the Champions League, where he looked great and was even considered a fringe 1st/2nd rounder by some scouts. Then he banned him to the fourth line into obscurity for some reason. Hey may be a good coach for winning championships, but i dont know how that guy still has a reputation for developing young talent in Switzerland.

Despite not being very dynamic offensively, I think Eggenberger has a very nice toolbox with great size, very good puck protection, and a terrific shot that could allow him to be a third line winger in the NHL that can chip in some secondary scoring and play on the PK. If he figuers things out that is.

Last edited:

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Eggenberger played a tremendous game yesterday for the Oshawa Generals, with 3 goals, +3, 5 shots.

Seems like some legit ice time in the OHL will do wonders for this promising young player who went undrafted in last draft. I'll follow him closer this season, while I would have been ecstatic if the Habs grabbed him in the 4th round. Let's see what he has in him!

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
He is playing well for Oshawa just by looking at his stats. Got high hopes he will get drafted this year if he keeps on producing.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
So any team will invite him to a tryout this year? He look decent

He plays for Davos in the Swiss League. Was named assistant captain but only plays on the fourth line so far. I really hoped he would get more ice time than this as I still see some bottom 6 NHL potential in him. Swiss coaches can be conservative as f*** sometimes...

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
After being completely irrelevant for his first few pro years he seems to have crawled out of his hole and after scoring 20 points last year he stands at 9 points in 8 games this season. Sure the sample size is still very small but he will turn just 22 in October. So if he can play on this level long term with his frame and defensive abilities the NHL dream might still happen after all. He has a very long way to go though, but at least he doesn't seem lightyears away like two seasons ago.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Sounds like someone who should garner at least a development camp invitation (if teams still have them).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad