LW Matthew Boldy - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 12th, MIN)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought he very good today our best player today, but from what I've seen this season, he's been the worst of the highly touted forwards. He's not the most consistent player from game to game, and I think he's a lot more raw than most think. He's not physically raw, but having a consistent game to game impact and learning to play less of a perimeter game and more of a net front game is something I think he'll need to improve on. He tends to overhand the puck, and his puck decisions are often an issue. He has a lot of offensive talent. He can shoot, pass, drive to the net, skate, stickhandle, but he doesn't yet impact games offensively as he should.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have him at 13.
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Turcotte
6. Dach
7. Cozens
8. Zegras
9. Broberg
10. Krebs
11. Soderstrom
12. Caufield
13. Boldy

Seems like the consensus is that being in the top 13 is where it's at and that it sort of falls off to a lower tier after that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think people really underestimated this draft, lots of high end talent in the top 12.
been saying it all year - might lack the true elite talent, but from 1-10 there are plenty of gems here. when the US has a strong draft and Canada has a strong draft it usually turns out very very good. 2016, 2010,2003, etc...add to the fact that this draft is filled with centers which last year lacked and you have the makings for a really good draft...maybe not deep in rounds 3 on down, but a strong top 60. The only thing that kind of hurts this year is the overall OHL crop, but the WHL has totally stepped up this year which has kind of evened it out.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
been saying it all year - might lack the true elite talent, but from 1-10 there are plenty of gems here. when the US has a strong draft and Canada has a strong draft it usually turns out very very good. 2016, 2010,2003, etc...add to the fact that this draft is filled with centers which last year lacked and you have the makings for a really good draft...maybe not deep in rounds 3 on down, but a strong top 60. The only thing that kind of hurts this year is the overall OHL crop, but the WHL has totally stepped up this year which has kind of evened it out.

I really like most of the US guys at the top of this draft. I really want Caulfield to fall to 10th but Boldy would be just as great. I can't see Zegras and Turcotte being centers not going before them.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I really like most of the US guys at the top of this draft. I really want Caulfield to fall to 10th but Boldy would be just as great. I can't see Zegras and Turcotte being centers not going before them.
for you guys, it seems you might be just on the outside for many of those names..BUT....BUT...it only takes one Chayka to f*** up the whole thing and drop a talent in your lap you did not expect lol..my gut tells me Caufield goes to Edmonton, Turcotte gone to either Hawks or Avs (Turcotte/Byram for either), but Zegras and Boldy could be the wild cards...one of those two could drop to you as I see a team reaching for one of those dmen in the 10-15 range which would open the door to either one of those IMO.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
for you guys, it seems you might be just on the outside for many of those names..BUT....BUT...it only takes one Chayka to **** up the whole thing and drop a talent in your lap you did not expect lol..my gut tells me Caufield goes to Edmonton, Turcotte gone to either Hawks or Avs (Turcotte/Byram for either), but Zegras and Boldy could be the wild cards...one of those two could drop to you as I see a team reaching for one of those dmen in the 10-15 range which would open the door to either one of those IMO.

Well Krebs has looked good too...

So really there's about 11 or 12 guys who I wouldn't really mind at 10th.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Krebs has played strong, and is another in the potential top 10..either way I think you will get someone that is very skilled offensively in that range.
I just cant see Edmonton not taking him. Maybe even Buffalo

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I thought he very good today our best player today, but from what I've seen this season, he's been the worst of the highly touted forwards. He's not the most consistent player from game to game, and I think he's a lot more raw than most think. He's not physically raw, but having a consistent game to game impact and learning to play less of a perimeter game and more of a net front game is something I think he'll need to improve on. He tends to overhand the puck, and his puck decisions are often an issue. He has a lot of offensive talent. He can shoot, pass, drive to the net, skate, stickhandle, but he doesn't yet impact games offensively as he should.

You do realize that he's playing for the first team in NHL history that will have four top-10 draft picks in the same year. Maybe five. Hell maybe six if a team covets Knight.

That's like saying "hey that girl is the ugliest of those 10 Victoria Secret models"

Every draft prospect has stuff they need to work on. They're 17. If overhandling the puck was a huge deal, Hughes would be ranked 50th.

Stardustforever

Mar 10, 2018
BC
You do realize that he's playing for the first team in NHL history that will have four top-10 draft picks in the same year. Maybe five. Hell maybe six if a team covets Knight.

That's like saying "hey that girl is the ugliest of those 10 Victoria Secret models"

Every draft prospect has stuff they need to work on. They're 17. If overhandling the puck was a huge deal, Hughes would be ranked 50th.

Yup this USNDTP team is historic. Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Caufield and Knight are the real deal.

Last edited:

chewbaccaman

Aug 31, 2018
Seattle

Love this comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->