LW Matthew Boldy - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 12th, MIN)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Seems like someone the Oilers need. Not quite a Landeskog or Tkachuk but could play a similar role. Strong kid that goes to the net and has a great shooting arsenal. I always thought if McDavid had that new style of power-forward he'd have a perfect linemate.

Reactions: Lays

HockeyRobinson

Jun 6, 2015
Victoria, BC
Really does seem like the perfect winger for Horvat.

Boldy would match well with Horvat or Pettersson. But EP really wants another goalscorer on his left side, so I could see that being his future home.

I think Vancouver will attempt to purchase a top-six winger for Horvat this summer - either via free agency or trade.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
would love Boldy on the Canucks, but I have no idea how the picks are gonna fall after like the 5th pick he could go anywhere IMO

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How does Boldy compare to Farabee? Similar numbers. Whos the better prospect?

Boldy is a lot more offensively skilled and bigger. Farabee has a higher hockey IQ and is better defensively. Boldy is a better player, in my opinion, due to a much higher offensive ceiling, but I think they’d be within around five draft slots of each other in the same draft.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy looks like the sort of player who can be playing NHL in 20-21, maybe even a tad sooner. I don't think you can say that about a lot of players in the 2019 draft.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Nice to see Boldy finally getting credit. I’ve seen a lot of people say he’s just a passenger. Got him at 8 right behind Pod

Reactions: IronMarshal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->