LW Matthew Boldy - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 12th, MIN)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think out of all the US forwards I would rank him last. He has the lowest points out of any of them except Turcotte, but Turcotte has played almost half the games and they are close in points. I'd almost argue York over him too.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think out of all the US forwards I would rank him last. He has the lowest points out of any of them except Turcotte, but Turcotte has played almost half the games and they are close in points. I'd almost argue York over him too.
Which US forwards? The top guys? (Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, Caufield)
Boldy is a high IQ player, he doesn’t get PP1 time and isn’t just padding his stats on a stacked team. There’s so much more to Boldy as a player, it’s hard to break down but his IQ is incredible along with his shot. Big body and can score from just about anywhere, also has really good hands and playmaking. Away from the puck as well he makes nice plays to help his team out. He has 70 point upside imo

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Which US forwards? The top guys? (Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, Caufield)
Boldy is a high IQ player and he doesn’t get PP1 time and isn’t just padding his stats on a stacked team. There’s so much more to Boldy as a player, it’s hard to break down but his IQ is incredible along with his shot. Big body and can score from just about anywhere, also has really good hands and playmaking. Away from the puck as well he makes nice plays to help his team out. He has 70 point upside imo
I've heard pretty much every single player in the top 15 has 70 point upside lol. Boldy will probably settle in as a 50-55 point defensively responsible 2nd liner if everything goes well. Nothing wrong with that. Just better players in the draft.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I've heard pretty much every single player in the top 15 has 70 point upside lol. Boldy will probably settle in as a 50-55 point defensively responsible 2nd liner if everything goes well. Nothing wrong with that. Just better players in the draft.
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t

Even then everything he does away from the puck just makes him so much more valuable. I have him at 8 right now

Reactions: Kevin Musto

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t

Even then everything he does away from the puck just makes him so much more valuable. I have him at 8 right now
I have him at 13.
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Turcotte
6. Dach
7. Cozens
8. Zegras
9. Broberg
10. Krebs
11. Soderstrom
12. Caufield
13. Boldy

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I have him at 13.
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Turcotte
6. Dach
7. Cozens
8. Zegras
9. Broberg
10. Krebs
11. Soderstrom
12. Caufield
13. Boldy
I wouldn’t fault you for having guys over him as there’s a case for a lot of those guys but Broberg that high scares me

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn’t fault you for having guys over him as there’s a case for a lot of those guys but Broberg that high scares me
Bob Mackenzie has him at 10, was at 8 and his rankings are usually spot on for the most part

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I've watched him play too ;)

I think his ceiling is a good middle 6 player. Not a top 10 worthy pick
I just saw this too, how is it possible his ceiling is a good middle 6er and you have him at 13? Absolute best case scenario for Boldy is a middle 6er?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just saw this too, how is it possible his ceiling is a good middle 6er and you have him at 13? Absolute best case scenario for Boldy is a middle 6er?
Yes. But the likelyhood of him hitting it is extremely high. Extremely low risk, medium reward.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Is Boldy strictly a LW or can he play both sides. Most places list him as a LW only but I was looking up some stuff on him today and a couple of places listed him as LW-RW.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Is Boldy strictly a LW or can he play both sides. Most places list him as a LW only but I was looking up some stuff on him today and a couple of places listed him as LW-RW.

Must have good skill to be able to play both sides, it's typically a European thing.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
A scout in THN's Future Watch says Boldy is one of the best scorers he's ever seen with the USNTDP.

"Elite scorer, great shot, elite hands in tight, unbelievable hand-eye coordination."

I think he's going to be an absolute stud...really hoping the Sabres can grab him or Zegras at #7 overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad