LW Martin Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2020, 128th, LAK)

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Seems like he could be a good one. I read he's projected as a 4th rounder in the draft this year, I think chances are high he'll go before that.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I wouldn’t put much stock into that list. Constantino always overloads his lists with CHL’ers, likely because that’s the league he covers.
I agree, there is also no Czech, only 1 Finn and some Canadians missing..
On the other side there are 3 Germans. Although they are very good, I think max. 2 Germans will be drafted in 1st round this year.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Do you think playing in the OHL is better for his development? Maybe , he has had such a good start because he was playing against men earlier
If im not mistaken he averaged like 8 min. in Dukla Trencin, so yeah ... I think OHL is better for him. It definitely helps that he played against men. He played against guys with Czech liga/KHL/SHL, also NHL experience so he is definitely very confident ... but also very talented. He is similar case like Mysak for example.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If im not mistaken he averaged like 8 min. in Dukla Trencin, so yeah ... I think OHL is better for him. It definitely helps that he played against men. He played against guys with Czech liga/KHL/SHL, also NHL experience so he is definitely very confident ... but also very talented. He is similar case like Mysak for example.

Yeah 8 min in KHL for a young player okay understandable, but in the Slovak league he should definitely be playing more than that, if not its probably a waste.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Besides, Dukla Trencin is a legendary team, and a hockey city (Trencin) always under big pressure to play for that team,
better for him and his development to play in the OHL and get focused more on the sport itself.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
1+1 today. Now 27 pts in 20 games. 91 pt pace if he played full season. One of the youngest players in the draft.

Be curious to see what his and Shane Wright's numbers would have been if he'd played all season with the Fronts. I'd say even better than his pace given that they'd probably have all exhibition to get used to each other, so they wouldn't have needed the 2-3 game initial run to develop chemistry.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Martin Chromiak's first (shortened) regular OHL season was great success. He finished the season with 33pts (11+22) in 28 games and only 2 penalty minutes. His 1.18 points per game was highest among OHL rookies.
Some highlights:
No look pass to Wright

Goal:

Goal from last season (IIHF U18):

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Slovakian winger Martin Chromiak was the second overall pick in the 2019 CHL Import Draft. He chose to spend half the season with HK Dukla Trencin in the Slovakian men’s league, putting up five goals and six points in 32 games before joining the Kingston Frontenacs. Chromiak made an instant impact in the OHL with 11 goals and 22 assists for 33 points in 28 games. He was also an important part of Slovakian national teams. Chromiak scored five goals and 10 assists for 15 points in 14 games with the Under-20 team. He also scored two goals and six points in five games with the Under-18 team. Chromiak had two goals and five points in four games at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup.

Last season Chromiak was one of the best players in the Slovakian Under-20 league at just 16-years-old. He scored 22 goals and 46 points in 39 games. In the playoffs he put up nine goals and 17 points in 15 games, leading Dukla Trencin to the U-20 Championship. He also played at the Hlinka-Gretzky, scoring two goals and four points in four games, and at the IIHF Under-18, putting up two goals and three points in seven games.

Our Scouting Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/15/martin-chromiak-scouting-report/

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kept getting him in the 2nd round of my mock draft and had to come over and learn a little bit more. :laugh: What a beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->