LW Luke Tuch - Boston University, NCAA (2020, 47th, MTL)

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Has a fantastic shot and release, good kid, good work ethic. His decision making with utilizing his shot needs to improve, he tends to catch what I call “Evander Kane” syndrome sometimes and will just shoot random pucks from anywhere like from the halfwall on the PP etc.... if he can learn to use his teammates a little more I’d be surprised to not see him in the NHL

Reactions: Tryamkin

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I haven’t liked his development from U17 season to U18 season. He’s just there on the ice. You don’t see much in the way of NHL tools. Not bad for the USHL, but not a very good NHL prospect, in my opinion.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The younger brother of Vegas Golden Knights forward, and former 1st round draft pick, Alex Tuch, Luke Tuch is making his own with the US National Team Development Program. He scored 15 goals and 15 assists for 30 points in 47 games this season. Last season the Baldwinsville, New York native put up 10 goals and 13 assists for 23 points in 48 games played for the U-17 squad. He also added 83 penalty minutes. Tuch showed more discipline in his game this season, wracking up just 30 penalty minutes. He also represented the US at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Tuch put up one goal in the five-game tournament.

Tuch is committed to playing hockey for the Boston University Terriers next season, an interesting development considering that his brother attended rival Boston College. Should Tuch change his mind and opt to go the CHL route, his rights are owned by the Windsor Spitfires who drafted him in the 13th round of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection Draft. When he was younger, Tuch played in the famous Quebec City Peewee Tournament with his Syracuse Nationals team.

Our Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/17/luke-tuch-scouting-report/

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully he is less injury prone then his brother. Wouldn't mind Vegas taking a flyer on him, but only if he is available in the later rounds.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Luke should be in the most overrated 2020 eligibles list. He's probably in there and I don't remember. :laugh:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Tuch has 1G, 1A in his first NCAA game, but his team (BU) is being beaten badly by Providence. Besides the points, he's been his usual physical self.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Canadians must’ve taken Tuch then Mysak in that order for our amusement right? Tuch Mysak. Legendary.

the reason they did it that way was they said they were getting calls from teams to trade for the pick they used to get Tuch because other teams wanted to use it to pick Tuch for themselves so if they took Mysak first then teams would likely have kept calling. Not that it mattered but just made sense to pick him since other teams want to pick him as well.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Omfg
Lol
I just got it

Yeah, it doesn't work if you pronounce their names correctly. You gotta just sound it out how they're spelled.
The tragedy is that these names weren't drafted to the same team as Matej Pekar. Tuch Mysak and Pekar could be the new Ovechkin Laichs Boyes of fantasy hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00