LW Liam Öhgren - (2022, 19th, MIN)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Usually the complimentary guy doesn't significantly out-produce the line drivers though.

Ohgren: 33 goals and 58 points in 30 games (1.93 PPG)
Lekkerimaki: 20 goals and 35 points in 26 games (1.34 PPG)
Ostlund: 9 goals and 42 points in 32 games (1.31 PPG)

What accounts for this massive gap in production?

I’m of the opinion that Ostlund isn’t as good as advertised. He’s the worst skater of the three, weakest physically and worst shooter.

Ohgren would produce well with anyone but I think Lekkerimaki and Ostlund don’t put up as many points without him.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I’m of the opinion that Ostlund isn’t as good as advertised. He’s the worst skater of the three, weakest physically and worst shooter.

Ohgren would produce well with anyone but I think Lekkerimaki and Ostlund don’t put up as many points without him.
Spot on about Ostlund and Ohgren, but I do think Lekkerimaki is a heck of a player and if we didn`t already have Raymond he`d be close to top of my draft list.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Spot on about Ostlund and Ohgren, but I do think Lekkerimaki is a heck of a player and if we didn`t already have Raymond he`d be close to top of my draft list.

I really like Lekkerimaki but I don’t think he’s as good at creating offense on his own. Great triggerman but will need a playmaker for sure.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I really like Lekkerimaki but I don’t think he’s as good at creating offense on his own. Great triggerman but will need a playmaker for sure.
I thought he was a real sparkplug in the SHL and believe he has a much more rounded game that he gets credited for because his goalscoring is just unique in the swedish system.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I actually think Ostlund is getting undervalued because he does all the little things for the line and is really the straw that is stirring the drink.

He's a potential steal in the draft imo.

Reactions: sting101

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He will play NHL games and probably have a long career, but I think if your team is drafting this guy round one you are going to be disappointed. Does he have line 1 upside? I don't think he does. Doesn't mean he's a bad round 1 pick, but one that isn't going to excite fans.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Swedish forward Liam Ohgren split time between the SHL club with Djurgardens IF and their junior teams. While he didn’t get a lot of ice time in the SHL, he played 25 games and picked up a goal and an assist. As a 17-year-old he led the J20 league in goals and was close to the top of the point charts despite playing just 30 games. He picked up 33 goals and 25 assists for 58 points. Ohgren also helped the team to the league final, putting up two goals and four assists for six points in six playoff games. Ohgren also helped the Djurgardens J18 to the league title. He scored five goals and four assists for nine points in five playoff games.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
His profile seems like a Joffrey Lupol type. Good size and fitness, offensive shooter, but not exceptional skater. He’s also like Lupol in that he likes to be a pretty boy it seems in some of his media shots lol.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Poor man's Gabriel Landeskog in many aspects. To me a 2nd/3rd-line player. Feels rather "safe" as a future NHLer. I would draft around #20-25. Worst I've seen him this season was at the U18 Worlds, but then again he played injured and it affected his skating considerably.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
He's got a pretty good shot from distance & solid playmaker too. Can find holes to score. Also uses his body effectively.

Surprised to read many ppl down on his upside, he may not drive a top line but I think he's a legit top 6 forward that can score & be productive on a good team.

At 15 I wouldn't mind this player for the Canucks.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
so poor man's landeskog...does he have the same attitude and aggressiveness and landeskog?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Anyone have any insight into what his role on the team will look like? Djurgardens losing a lot of players?

Should be top 6 for the WJC, no?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
His profile seems like a Joffrey Lupol type. Good size and fitness, offensive shooter, but not exceptional skater. He’s also like Lupol in that he likes to be a pretty boy it seems in some of his media shots lol.
His strength is his skating.... Weird post.

Really solid pick by Minnesota. Guaranteed NHL player. Probably not 1st line upside but can be a puck hound for two skilled guys. I think he could be a good fit with Rossi.

so poor man's landeskog...does he have the same attitude and aggressiveness and landeskog?
Solid description.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad