LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Your agenda was already obvious when you bumped this exact same 4 MONTH old post just 4 DAYS ago.

You know, the post just 2 above this. The same one already edited by a moderator :laugh:

If you are afraid of bumps, then be more mindful in the things you say. There is nothing wrong in bumping a post that was so wrong, you seem to have no problem with doing this yourself as your posting history will show. Your opinion commenting on the Bruins top 6 in a Connor thread was quite an entertaining re-read. You do realize you were mocking a Bruins fan for not picking Connor, and then equating it to the sad state of the Bruins top 6 do you? Never was a poster so off.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Original bump was fine, although it was edited by a mod for some reason so obviously something childish on your end.

Why the 2nd bump of a 4 month old post, 4 days later after zero replies?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Original bump was fine, although it was edited by a mod for some reason so obviously something childish on your end.

Why the 2nd bump of a 4 month old post, 4 days later after zero replies?

Because you never addressed it. That's why? Do you stand by that comment made of mocking the Bruins top 6? And trying to rub salt in the wound by bringing it up in a Connor thread. Connor is doing well in Winnipeg as is Debrusk in Boston. Boston are doing fine with their top 6. As is Winnipeg. Thank you.

Reactions: AmericanDream

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looks like he's nearing bust territory IMO Nail Yakupov 2.0 except he wasn't drafted #1OA
Actually I have an extremely good record of predicting prospects in their first look. You trying to paint me as "cutting him down" only speaks volumes about how upset you are with my opinion, I don't understand why.

Don't you agree that he looks similar to Yakupov?

I had a look back at this thread and these posts could have not been more wrong.

It's not really sarcasm at all. It's because he was propped up to be the next Kariya over the summer by Jets fans and the same Jets fans constantly wanting to tell us he is equal or better than Marner. Go back and read some of the Connor vs Marner threads over the summer, you'd have thought he was the second coming by the way some Jets fans talked about him
Connor always was the most overrated prospect here. There were people not only saying he was better than Marner because of their production in their respective leagues, but that Connor would be comparable to Eichel as well. I really can't remember the last time the hype for a prospect like Connor got that out of hand.

Connor has quietly put up 21 goals in his rookie year in 51 games, that's 2 more than Marner's current career high. Though I am reluctant to reopen that particular debate. I always knew a day would come when Connor would prove he was a better goal scorer than Marner, while Marner would be the better playmaker. Different style of wingers. Both are good and both are showing themselves as comparable players.

Last edited:
Reactions: kylbaz

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't know why you're blaming pluggers or top 6 bottom 6 vs top 9 bottom 3 when the Jets PP was neutralized by the Leafs PK.

Laine, Byfuglien, Scheifele, Ehlers, Myers, Little, Trouba etc all played anywhere between 7-10 mins of the game on the PP. They failed to get a single goal on it.

What else can Maurice do besides put his best players on the ice for the PP? He can't get on the ice and score PP's for Winnipeg. Their PP was horrendous...everyone just stood around waiting for the puck with very little movement.

Winnipeg does not have the depth right now to play a top 9 bottom 3 system. They have to stack their lineup to win otherwise you will end up with three average lines.

The Jets sure have the depth for a top 9 bottom 3 line up now playing young players like Connor and Roslovic. Maurice has finally learned the Jets are better when they add scoring to the 3rd line, and having Connor has just balanced out their lines. They have one of the deepest top 9's currently in the NHL.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
The Jets sure have the depth for a top 9 bottom 3 line up now playing young players like Connor and Roslovic. Maurice has finally learned the Jets are better when they add scoring to the 3rd line, and having Connor has just balanced out their lines. They have one of the deepest top 9's currently in the NHL.
You mean the 4th line. Make no mistake about it when lowry comes back his line will be the 3rd line going up against the other teams best lines. The kopitars Getzlaf johansson towes carter lines for example. Leaving 2 of connor roslovic ehlers or laine to play on 4th line. That line whoever is on it will feast on other teams 4th lines. Either little roslovic perreault or laine copp ehlers will go up against other teams 4th lines .

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

I don't know why you insist on digging up my old posts. If I were you, I'd stop considering you thought that Tyler Bozak was on a career path that would lead him to become the next Martin St. Louis.

It's sad that HFBoards purged the old posts when they did the re-design because you had some doozies.

It's nice to see Winnipeg do well. The season opener was probably their worst loss of the season. They took a lot of lessons from that game and it helped them get to where they are today.

Thanks to the Leafs.

It's amazing that they have only lost 4 times in regulation at home since that game.

Their losing record on the road is worrying though...it's tough to win in the playoffs if your wins are so heavily dependent on where you play.

Reactions: naruto and Torgo

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't know why you insist on digging up my old posts. If I were you, I'd stop considering you thought that Tyler Bozak was on a career path that would lead him to become the next Martin St. Louis.

It's sad that HFBoards purged the old posts when they did the re-design because you had some doozies.

It's nice to see Winnipeg do well. The season opener was probably their worst loss of the season. They took a lot of lessons from that game and it helped them get to where they are today.

Thanks to the Leafs.

It's amazing that they have only lost 4 times in regulation at home since that game.

Their losing record on the road is worrying though...it's tough to win in the playoffs if your wins are so heavily dependent on where you play.
It was a bad opinion off 1 game. That's why. And Connor definitely has contributed to the Jets depth of their top 9 this season for those that were premature in dismissing him earlier in the year. If one is more considerate in these types of analysis, then one would not have to worry about bumps. But in the end, really it is Connor that deserves the credit from benefitting from an injury to Perrault and making the most of his 1 chance this year.

Pretty good player and rookie year, I think yoi would agree. Since you are quoted that you thought rookies this year would be lucky to get 35-40 pts this season did you not say?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I had a look back at this thread and these posts could have not been more wrong.

Connor has quietly put up 21 goals in his rookie year in 51 games, that's 2 more than Marner's current career high. Though I am reluctant to reopen that particular debate. I always knew a day would come when Connor would prove he was a better goal scorer than Marner, while Marner would be the better playmaker. Different style of wingers. Both are good and both are showing themselves as comparable players.
@ViewsFromThe6ix was wrong about every single thing he ever said about the Jets, and will never come eat his deserved crow, no point in quoting his posts.

Connor is a real good player. I was impressed when he got demoted to the third line earlier and played well there and forced his way back onto the top line with Scheifele and Wheeler.

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
@ViewsFromThe6ix was wrong about every single thing he ever said about the Jets, and will never come eat his deserved crow, no point in quoting his posts.

Connor is a real good player. I was impressed when he got demoted to the third line earlier and played well there and forced his way back onto the top line with Scheifele and Wheeler.

I have a very long memory for these type of comments. I don't know if it's because it's a Jets prospect vs a Leafs prospect thing. But when Marner made the NHL sooner than Connor, there were some very premature comments that bothered me. The pages posted about age, the pages posted about how Connor faced easier competition in US hockey and his numbers were inflated. Reading the early pages of this thread were both amusing and painful reads. Right now, I think Jets fans and his backers have a reason to feel good. The kid is a 21 goal scorer on a first place team in only 51 games. He has proven he is already a prolific goal scorer in his first full NHL rookie season. And really he had to work to get there. So really he deserves the recognition for a job well done. I believe we have only seen the tip of the ice berg on what Connor will do in the NHL.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Thanks to the Leafs.

So now Leafs get the credit for the Jets having a great season? :laugh:

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Looks like he's nearing bust territory IMO Nail Yakupov 2.0 except he wasn't drafted #1OA

Was/is Connor ready for the NHL this early? No. Calling him a bust is LOL worthy. Probably should bump the thread in a year or two.

Kyle Connor definitely belongs in the AHL. He'll need to be cutting his teeth in that league in that league for quite awhile before (if he ever is) ready for the NHL.

Got a long way to go before he works his way out of bust territory IMO

That thread was funny to look back :popcorn:

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
40+35 first line winger. We have too many things to get excited about as Jets fans. Upcoming playoffs, our young core, our prospects, we have an actual goalie, our captain is probably gonna score 90 points, the guys are having boxing matches during practice. It's like christmas!

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Having a great year. Another player who got drafted way too low in the 2015 draft. I had him ranked #9 just behind Rantanen and ahead of Werenski, Zacha and Meier.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Having a great year. Another player who got drafted way too low in the 2015 draft. I had him ranked #9 just behind Rantanen and ahead of Werenski, Zacha and Meier.

Low for sure, but it's such a good draft and has years to play out that it's really tough to say "way" too low. Connor, Barzal, Boeser, Aho, Konecny, Carlo, Dermott, White, Samsonov, Chabot, and a few others I'm missing are all guys drafted outside the top 10 that may end up being top 10 when all is said and done.

In terms of goal scoring though, Boeser and Connor are both definitely warrant moving up.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Low for sure, but it's such a good draft and has years to play out that it's really tough to say "way" too low. Connor, Barzal, Boeser, Aho, Konecny, Carlo, Dermott, White, Samsonov, Chabot, and a few others I'm missing are all guys drafted outside the top 10 that may end up being top 10 when all is said and done.

In terms of goal scoring though, Boeser and Connor are both definitely warrant moving up.

I'm pretty confident Connor will have a better career than all of those guys excluding Barzal and Boeser and maybe Aho.

I think in a top10 right now in no particular order it would be McDavid, Eichel, Barzal, Marner, Rantanen, Boeser, Provorov, Werenski, Connor, Aho and I'm not sure if that'll change much over the coming years. That's just my opinion though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->