LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Playing with two of the best players in the league but when you watch you can see the talent is there. Guy is going to be a star. Wheeler, Connor, Scheif, Little, Ehlers, Laine, team is deadly.

Reactions: My3Sons

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Playing with two of the best players in the league but when you watch you can see the talent is there. Guy is going to be a star. Wheeler, Connor, Scheif, Little, Ehlers, Laine, team is deadly.

No doubt it has helped, but I also think he has helped that line too. He's a nice fit with Scheifele and Wheeler. I always loved him as a prospect. The margin of him from not being far from a top 4 pick in the 2015 draft was always slim to me. It is looking good for him and the Jets, who got great value at #17.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Ive always considered Cheveldayoff as one of the better drafting GMs
He has done very well on 1st round picks, hasn't really missed at all there. Scheifele pick was brilliant for example. Logan Stanley pick looks a bit questionable at this point but it's still way too early to judge that one.
Overall I don't think his drafting on 2-7 rounds has been amazing but it looks like he nailed it on 2015.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Connor is quietly having a terrific rookie campaign. He would be on a 30 goal, 65 point pace if he didn't miss 6 games this year prior to his call up. He is proving to all those that prematurely counted him out earlier this season and in those hotly debated polls against Marner, that all he needed was 1 year of AHL development to be an impact NHL player. What a fine, skilled young player the Jets have here.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Connor is quietly having a terrific rookie campaign. He would be on a 30 goal, 65 point pace if he didn't miss 6 games this year prior to his call up. He is proving to all those that prematurely counted him out earlier this season and in those hotly debated polls against Marner, that all he needed was 1 year of AHL development to be an impact NHL player. What a fine, skilled young player the Jets have here.
It helps to play with Scheifele and Wheeler. (And Scheifele and Wheelers possession numbers have been down with Connor)

But Connor is having solid production

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It helps to play with Scheifele and Wheeler. (And Scheifele and Wheelers possession numbers have been down with Connor)

But Connor is having solid production

It definitely doesn't hurt, but Connor has also helped those 2 guys out. That line has been unstoppable since he has been added to it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Glad he has finally arrived. Has his defense gotten any better? He was pretty enigmatic at Michigan. They played such a varied schedule, with good teams and then really bad teams. He had so much talent that he could disappear for an entire game and still end up with 2 points. I am curious if he still plays this way, or has found more consistency to his game. I haven't been able to watch much hockey this season outside my favorite team unfortunately.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Glad he has finally arrived. Has his defense gotten any better? He was pretty enigmatic at Michigan. They played such a varied schedule, with good teams and then really bad teams. He had so much talent that he could disappear for an entire game and still end up with 2 points. I am curious if he still plays this way, or has found more consistency to his game. I haven't been able to watch much hockey this season outside my favorite team unfortunately.
He's been very strong in all zones and consistent in his play. Those have been important aspects of his development in the past couple of pro seasons.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
2 goal night with a wonderful snipe from a Laine saucer feed. 9 goals already despite missing 6 games.

Having a great rookie year, silencing the people that were calling him a bust last year.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Connor plays a bit like a winger version of MacKinnon, I guess. Still needs some improvement overall but he's a very useful player archetype for a team to have. I remember I saw him becoming a better player than Marner which might or might not become the case(I admit I underestimated Marner), he's at least been superior to start this season.

I don't think Connor has still managed to quite reach his potential. He should be able to become at least a consistent 30 goal scorer.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Connor plays a bit like a winger version of MacKinnon, I guess. Still needs some improvement overall but he's a very useful player archetype for a team to have. I remember I saw him becoming a better player than Marner which might or might not become the case(I admit I underestimated Marner), he's at least been superior to start this season.

I don't think Connor has still managed to quite reach his potential. He should be able to become at least a consistent 30 goal scorer.

There were 2 Connor/Marner polls. One where both came off historic College/OHL seasons. The poll after this season was justifiably close. I think this one would be accurate. I always said Connor would be the superior goal scorer, Marner the better playmaker. There is value in both. Then the 2nd timely poll came out last year where Marner made the NHL and Connor was sent back to the AHL for more seasoning. This is the poll where some silliness came out with comments of Connor being a bust.

In the end. Both will be producers in the NHL, and Connor this year is producing better than Marner, he has 7 more goals and 1 more point than Marner in 6 less games. Though I expect Marner to break out. Both are good and comparable players in the end. Just different styles as players. Obcourse the Jets got Connor much later at #17 in the draft, and thus this pick looks great in comparison.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
And now they are nowhere to be founnd lol

I'm here, but it's probably because I happen to love the Jets too.

Connor looking like a huge steal at 17th overall for sure. Still can't believe Boston totally blew that draft, but it makes me unbelievably happy because I despise them, and love seeing them fail.

Not that there was any need to mention Marner in this thread, but since his name was brought up, yes, him and Connor are battling it out (along with others) for clear 3rd best player of that draft.

The winner of this battle will likely be decided years down the line (and it might turn out not to be either Marner or Connor).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
They have 2 more from that draft I had rated near the top 30. Spacek and Harkins. They got great value this draft. I had Connor rated 11th OA from 2015 draft. As he slid, I did not believe it.

Three others to watch from the 2015 draft are:

Erik Foley, F (Providence, NCAA, leads team with 9 goals, 18 points in 14 games. Very good pro-style winger).
Mason Appleton, F (Manitoba, AHL, 8 goals and 21 points in 24 games as an AHL rookie this season).
Sami Niku, D (Manitoba, AHL, 2 goals, 15 points in 24 games as an AHL rookie this season).

The Jets could get 5 or 6 NHLers out of the 2015 draft, including a couple of high-end players in Connor and Roslovic.

Also, Vesalainen is looking like a really good prospect (#24 overall in 2017). After a bit of a slow start, he's really come on lately as an 18 year old in the Finnish Liiga. He leads his team in scoring (8g, 19 points in 25 games). He's a big, fast and skilled winger.

The Jets' forward prospect pipeline is crazy good.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Nope still this is still wrong. Nothing wrong with the Bruins top 6 or 9 for that matter.

Your agenda was already obvious when you bumped this exact same 4 MONTH old post just 4 DAYS ago.

You know, the post just 2 above this. The same one already edited by a moderator :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad