LW Kirill Marchenko (2018, 49th, CBJ)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, but without that 0 points in 6 gp start and a few pointless games after he got back after an injury, it looks even better.

Yes, .76 points per game since he joined the topline. That's not easy to do in such a defensive league.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
1+1 tonight, with 5 sog, closing in 30 points but...1 game left in the regular season.
Its strange how Kiril can score points with low side of the ice time....got under 8 minutes of ice time.

Needs 3 points in his last game to finish the season with 30 points.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
One day, this kid will be the next big Russian born forward to the NHL.
It might not be for few years but nevertheless.

I see the same trajectory for him, what Panarin and now Kaprizov before him.

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
One day, this kid will be the next big Russian born forward to the NHL.
It might not be for few years but nevertheless.

I see the same trajectory for him, what Panarin and now Kaprizov before him.
Why do you say that?

I think Marchenko is generally underrated as a prospect, but I don't think he's on the Panarin/Kaprizov level. He can score and his shot is fantastic, but he doesn't really take over games in the way Breadman or Kaprizov can. He's much more of a pure finisher, more like Mike Hoffman than those two.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why do you say that?

I think Marchenko is generally underrated as a prospect, but I don't think he's on the Panarin/Kaprizov level. He can score and his shot is fantastic, but he doesn't really take over games in the way Breadman or Kaprizov can. He's much more of a pure finisher, more like Mike Hoffman than those two.

I agree on the not Panarin/Kaprizov part, but I wouldn't say pure finisher / Hoffman. Marchenko plays a pretty complete game he's just not a guy with the puck on his stick all night like Panarin/Kaprizov. He's more developed than Buchnevich was at that age and could be a similar type of player as him, maybe better all-around. I can see Marchenko becoming a topline winger but I can't see him being the top forward on a good team.

Reactions: Rufus T Firefly

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
I agree on the not Panarin/Kaprizov part, but I wouldn't say pure finisher / Hoffman. Marchenko plays a pretty complete game he's just not a guy with the puck on his stick all night like Panarin/Kaprizov. He's more developed than Buchnevich was at that age and could be a similar type of player as him, maybe better all-around. I can see Marchenko becoming a topline winger but I can't see him being the top forward on a good team.
Yeah, I should have just written finisher instead of pure finisher, since I also think his all-around game is pretty good. But it's his shot rather than control of play that is his best attribute, unlike Panarin or Kaprizov. Maybe it's just been too long since I've really watched Hoffman play, but I feel like Marchenko has a lot of his qualities: that rocket snipe shot, knows where to go to find lose pucks to put in the net, not overly physical, okay defensively but not a standout there, good playmaking skills but better get fed the puck than feeding others. I honestly haven't watched enough of Buchnevich in a long time to say, but I'll take your word that that comparison also works :thumbu:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, I should have just written finisher instead of pure finisher, since I also think his all-around game is pretty good. But it's his shot rather than control of play that is his best attribute, unlike Panarin or Kaprizov. Maybe it's just been too long since I've really watched Hoffman play, but I feel like Marchenko has a lot of his qualities: that rocket snipe shot, knows where to go to find lose pucks to put in the net, not overly physical, okay defensively but not a standout there, good playmaking skills but better get fed the puck than feeding others. I honestly haven't watched enough of Buchnevich in a long time to say, but I'll take your word that that comparison also works :thumbu:

They don't meet in the middle when it comes to off-puck play. Hoffman is often overmatched defensively, he's not that diligent without the puck and not strong in battles. Marchenko is more solid all-around, with a good forecheck and backcheck. Easy to see his defensive quality here:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm going to be edgy and say it's been a pretty disappointing season for him so far. With Morozov in the VHL he hasn't clicked with any of the linemates, no consistency offensively and the TOI is actually down compared to last year. Sure stat line still looks good but that's mostly thanks to that 9-2 destruction of Admiral.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm going to be edgy and say it's been a pretty disappointing season for him so far. With Morozov in the VHL he hasn't clicked with any of the linemates, no consistency offensively and the TOI is actually down compared to last year. Sure stat line still looks good but that's mostly thanks to that 9-2 destruction of Admiral.

The whole SKA team disappoints again. Bragin is just not good for a club job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad