LW Kirill Marchenko (2018, 49th, CBJ)

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
A lot has been written about Andrei Svechnikov, Alexander Khovanov and Grigori Denisenko but not much about this player.

He is having an absolutely great season in MHL with 26 points in 29 games, surpassing both Denisenko and Khovanov.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
A lot has been written about Andrei Svechnikov, Alexander Khovanov and Grigori Denisenko but not much about this player.

He is having an absolutely great season in MHL with 26 points in 29 games, surpassing both Denisenko and Khovanov.

That's weird , how did he go unmentioned? The ones I skip over are usually the prospects with good stats who are like 5'7 but he's listed at 6'2.:dunno:

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Yeah, they are both new to the scene, it seems.

Dmitry Zavgorodny might be another one, he is killing it too.

Early to tell, but 2018 seems to be shaping up to be a very interesting draft year for Russia.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
There so many good young kids nowadays in Russia, it's impossible to follow them all. And our teams somehow keep losing. If only we had as many good coaches, as players...

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
It's not just you, he doesn't have a single game played for Team Russia of any ages.

But why? It's not like there are so many 16 year olds playing in the MHL much less putting up close to a ppg. What more does he need to do to get NT games?....

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
But why? It's not like there are so many 16 year olds playing in the MHL much less putting up close to a ppg. What more does he need to do to get NT games?....

http://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=59064 It looks like he played 3 games for Russia 00 (Россия 00) at some international tournament and scored 1 goal. It's just no info about it on eliteprospect, probably because the tournament wasn't anything major.

Btw he was born and started to play in Barnaul, the same city and year as Andrei Svechnikov...

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I'm a big fan. He's very talented kid with lots of skill including hard one-timer, nice hands and strong skating. Smart player and great vision. And he's pretty big boy. Plays LW with right-handed shot.

Reactions: Grantham

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
It's not just you, he doesn't have a single game played for Team Russia of any ages.

That's weird , how did he go unmentioned? The ones I skip over are usually the prospects with good stats who are like 5'7 but he's listed at 6'2.:dunno:
I would think it's because he's with the Ugra organization, one of the worst and to my knowledge poorest KHL clubs located farthest from the typical NT stomping grounds.

dexholl

Apr 1, 2017
I would think it's because he's with the Ugra organization, one of the worst and to my knowledge poorest KHL clubs located farthest from the typical NT stomping grounds.

Danila Galenyuk is also raised up in Ugra, but was called into junior national teams of Russia and is considered one of the top prospects of Draft-2018.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Amazing season if he has similar progress this season he should be at least a second rounder if not a first. Not to mention he seemed to go under the radar among CHL teams as well and was not picked up in the draft which is good. Don't know how many players Yugra system has produced though.

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Gotta think this is going to be one of the biggest risers from the u18s, production is matching his skill. Not many big guys who can handle a puck and play creative like he does

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->