LW Julius Miettinen -Everett Silvertips ,WHL (2024 Draft

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

A Finnish prospect that has caught my eye although I know little about him. Playing for HIFK system will help his case since they’re one of the premier teams in Liiga. Does anyoneknow if he is anyway related Antti or Veeti Miettinen?

Last edited:

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Starting to watch him a bit more. Very nice hands, and has obvious good size. Silvertips are a young team that's very good with a lot of talent.

He’s moved to center recently too and got games as 1C. Definitely a player to watch.

Reactions: Bubbles

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
I've watched a lot of Everett games online and Julius has been pretty noticeable, along with their other import Dominik Rymon who is off to a great start as well. Skates well for a big guy, has good hands.

I just wonder...is he going to be a one year player in Everett? They have picked a lot of Finns over the years but a lot of them go back after one year and play pro in Finland. Julius is likely to get drafted this year so hopefully the NHL team that picks him will say, stay in Everett and hopefully his Finnish team will agree. I imagine his team in Finland still have some control over him.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Realize he is only a first-year draft-eligible player, but given his size and production did he receive any consideration for Finland's U20 team? And should he have?

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Where do you rank him? Late first round already? Would love if the Flyers have him on their short list since they need to refill their C depth.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Where do you rank him? Late first round already? Would love if the Flyers have him on their short list since they need to refill their C depth.
he is been ranked from 35 to 52, for example Craig Button ranks him 39th
but its Craig Button so...

but him being 6 foot 3 / 210 lbs 17 year old forward, does help him i guess
who leads his team in goals, pp goals, 5th in +/- and sog

Last edited:

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
he is been ranked from 35 to 52, for example Craig Button ranks him 39th
but its Craig Button so...

but him being 6 foot 3 / 210 lbs 17 year old forward, does help him i guess
who leads his team in goals, pp goals, 5th in +/- and sog
OK, gotcha. Thank you. Looks like a riser. Lets see where he ends up in the summer.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Does he actually project as a center? Thought he'd be a winger. Might also play a role in how high he'll go.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Does he actually project as a center? Thought he'd be a winger. Might also play a role in how high he'll go.
Well he has taken 700*,** face-offs this season, is about 58% at face-off wins.
Listed as a winger, but at least he takes face-offs :dunno:

*17 face-off' avg per game, highest been about 30 in a single game
** 2nd most face-offs taken in his team

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Michael McLeod-ish?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

I know he plays center for Everett now. Just not sure if he’ll be one at the NHL level. I don’t know actual numbers but I feel like most center prospects end up moving to the wing in the NHL, but of course there are guys like Honzek too, who are drafted high because teams believe they have a shot at being an NHL center.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Keeps working his way up my list and think he could push to sneak into the late 1st if he has a strong playoffs. Big body with skill are scouts catnip. Think someone recently had him ranked in the 1st, sportsnet maybe. More skilled Zach Ostapchuk I see

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Keeps working his way up my list and think he could push to sneak into the late 1st if he has a strong playoffs. Big body with skill are scouts catnip. Think someone recently had him ranked in the 1st, sportsnet maybe. More skilled Zach Ostapchuk I see
Pronman had him in the first round at 24.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad