LW Josh Leivo (2011, 86th, TOR)

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I agree, he can get shots off quickly and pick the corners, he just needs someone who can get him the puck.

I think he will work well with an amazing passer like Kadri. I could see those two creating a lot more goals that look just like the one he scored last night. Together they could form 2/3 of one of the best second lines in the league for the next 10 years. They would be like a slightly less skilled version of the Gilmour-Andreychuk duo. Leivo just needs to work on his skating, as has been discussed, so he can simultaneously be a defensive presence and drive the net to give his linemates space to create.

As an outside, neutral observer... I have witnessed Leivo multiple times this year as a season ticket holder with the Moose.

He has an uncanny ability to shoot the puck with effect. Velocity, release, accuracy.

His skating isn't bad. It's up to him to put the effort/investment in the off season to improve this.

His effort and aggressiveness is consistently above average of what I have seen of visitors et al. Your whole farm team is like this.

If Toronto doesn't want him... the Jets would take him...

for... lets say a goaltender, Pavelec... Hutchinson ?

Flame away :popcorn:

ZINFINITY16

Dec 29, 2013
Ontario
He's got 4 goals in 4 NHL games this season... very underated prospect on the leafs boards and I honestly think he could be a 20-25 goal scorer in the NHL

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
As an outside, neutral observer... I have witnessed Leivo multiple times this year as a season ticket holder with the Moose.

He has an uncanny ability to shoot the puck with effect. Velocity, release, accuracy.

His skating isn't bad. It's up to him to put the effort/investment in the off season to improve this.

His effort and aggressiveness is consistently above average of what I have seen of visitors et al. Your whole farm team is like this.

If Toronto doesn't want him... the Jets would take him...

for... lets say a goaltender, Pavelec... Hutchinson ?

Flame away :popcorn:

Not that I mean this in a negative way, but wasn't Hutchinson supposed to be a star goalie? I remember last year there was so much hype around him. What happened?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Nice to see the Leafs farm system finally having multiple prospects knocking at the door at once. Its been more than a decade where we'd have to wait a long time to see a player of any quality come from within the system.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Nice to see the Leafs farm system finally having multiple prospects knocking at the door at once. Its been more than a decade where we'd have to wait a long time to see a player of any quality come from within the system.

Well there's Kadri, but that's about it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad