LW Jonathan (aka Jack) Dugan - Providence College, NCAA (2017, 142nd, VGK)

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
He's playing in the same line with Thompson right? Tyce is also having his best year to date, leading the NCAA goal scoring with 17 right now. I wonder how much of it is because he is playing with a great playmaker like Dugan, and vice versa.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He's playing in the same line with Thompson right? Tyce is also having his best year to date, leading the NCAA goal scoring with 17 right now. I wonder how much of it is because he is playing with a great playmaker like Dugan, and vice versa.

No but they play the PP together.

They're both doing great things even strength, individually. At least from what I've seen.
I believe Thompson plays with fellow NJ prospect Moynihan.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninetyeight

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I assume he will sign after this season? He had said he wants to dominate NCAA before he considers signing and I'd pretty much say he is dominating lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Still not being talked about i see and still leading the NCAA in scoring!!.

33gp. 10g. 42a. 52pts. 64pims.

Lookin like a complete stud and such a later round steal for VGK.

Reactions: tcat84 and Dux917

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wonder if the questionable start of the college season factored into his decision to go pro. I thought Providence could've made a deep run next year, but who knows what type of a season there might be.

Dugan had a nice cameo in January when Vegas hosted a four team college tourney; Dugan got the shootout winner in the 'championship' game against Cornell.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
I wonder if the questionable start of the college season factored into his decision to go pro. I thought Providence could've made a deep run next year, but who knows what type of a season there might be.

Dugan had a nice cameo in January when Vegas hosted a four team college tourney; Dugan got the shootout winner in the 'championship' game against Cornell.

Wouldnt be shocked if some other NCAA players (Boldy, Newhook, etc) decide to sign if the NCAA season is questionable.

Modo Baggins

Jan 3, 2018
I know these are just highlights, but I am definitely impressed with his vision, drive, shot and agility.... seems to play a complete game. What’s his defensive awareness like?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I know these are just highlights, but I am definitely impressed with his vision, drive, shot and agility.... seems to play a complete game. What’s his defensive awareness like?

Not great, but it's improved the past few years. It definitely cost him a top 3 HB nomination.

Every time he stepped on the ice he wanted the puck in the worst way. Every PC game I watched he was easily the most noticeable player out there for either team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
17 points in 17 games in the AHL so far... 2nd in rookie scoring.

How has his game been for those that have seen him?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
17 points in 17 games in the AHL so far... 2nd in rookie scoring.

How has his game been for those that have seen him?

Pretty good for his first few months in the pros. I'm wondering if he's started to model his game after Tuch as he's become more of a pass first player from what I've seen. I'm excited to see what he can do on a line with NHLers in camp next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad