LW Jonah Gadjovich - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2017, 55th, VAN, claimed by SJS)

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Have seen him a few times and stands out as one of the best players on the ice. Has speed, size and a great finishing ability. Currently leads one of the top teams in the OHL in goals yet I don't hear any talk about him.

What is keeping him from being talked about as a potential 1st round pick, or at least top-60 pick, in the draft? Seems like a pretty intriguing prospect to me.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=252476

John B

Nov 19, 2016
I've only seen him a couple of times earlier this season. He didn't look particularly quick or agile IMO. However, I think he is a good prospect. He's a project that could be a value pick in the middle rounds.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Have seen him a few times and stands out as one of the best players on the ice. Has speed, size and a great finishing ability. Currently leads one of the top teams in the OHL in goals yet I don't hear any talk about him.

What is keeping him from being talked about as a potential 1st round pick, or at least top-60 pick, in the draft? Seems like a pretty intriguing prospect to me.

Having watched Jonah the last three seasons, skating is definitely the reason he wouldn't be seen as a first rounder.

However, even just during this season he's turned the corner and really put things together. Before he was always teasing it, but now he's physically imposing himself on the game and using his skills. Word in the Sound is he's really increased his focus on his hockey career and has been hungry to take that next step. Since November he's basically been unstoppable.

Been a real treat to watch and there's really no reason in this draft year why he can't be a Top 60 pick. If his skating keeps improving, he could be a big, strong bottom six forward.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Seems like a player you could draft and let dominate juniors with no pressure

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Having watched Jonah the last three seasons, skating is definitely the reason he wouldn't be seen as a first rounder.

However, even just during this season he's turned the corner and really put things together. Before he was always teasing it, but now he's physically imposing himself on the game and using his skills. Word in the Sound is he's really increased his focus on his hockey career and has been hungry to take that next step. Since November he's basically been unstoppable.

Been a real treat to watch and there's really no reason in this draft year why he can't be a Top 60 pick. If his skating keeps improving, he could be a big, strong bottom six forward.

Agree.

Reminds me a lot of the way Nick Paul's game progressed as an OHL player as his skating slowly improved and he realized he was able to take over games physically and with his head.

Even with some slightly heavy feet, Gadjovich is a top 3 round prospect for me.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com

He was 35th on our pre-season ranking back in September as both Ryan Yessie (based in London) and myself had been fans of his game prior to this season.

No nice way to say it, but he was AWFUL in our early season viewings (was a topic of conversation for Ryan and myself because we were quite surprised) and he slid down our ranking. Then neither Ryan or myself saw Owen Sound play for quite some time so his status didn't change for a while.

Been much better of late and he did make our Top 75 list we just released on Jan 13th. I saw him Friday night vs Guelph (post rankings release) and he was good that night. He is back playing the game he used to play. Simple game but smart and effective.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
One of the most overlooked players in this years draft, yea he's one of the older draft eligible players but he's still a dominant forward in the O this season.

Tippett/Vilardi/Lodnia/Ratcliffe/Gadjovich are in their own class among the OHL forwards, i have Strome behind that group at #6, Robert Thomas at #7.

Personally he's easily an early 2nd pick for me, midd 2nd would be pushing it.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
He's a good power forward, but he's also a very hardworking kid with a great head on his shoulders. I played for a few years with his older brother Davis and went to the same high/elementary school as both of them. He's a kid that will work very hard and do what he needs to do to get better.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Another hat trick last night. Gives him 34 goals in 48 games, good for 5th in goals in the entire OHL.

Still not even top-100 on many lists somehow. In such a weak draft, he is establishing himself as a late 1st round prospect to me.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Another hat trick last night. Gives him 34 goals in 48 games, good for 5th in goals in the entire OHL.

Still not even top-100 on many lists somehow. In such a weak draft, he is establishing himself as a late 1st round prospect to me.

agreed, so underrated

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
What's stopping him from being a potential 1st round pick? Seems solid from what i've seen

Would like the leafs to pick him up with one of our 2nds

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
So this guy is now 5th in goals in all the OHL, and tied for 3rd in Power Play Goals. Any chance he gets taken mid-late 1st round? Or will he be a 2nd/3rd round pick

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I picked him 48th in the mock draft forum. I personally see him going just outside if the first round.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Thanks ^^^

He is actually 3rd in goals for NHL draft prospects in the OHL, behind only Owen Tippett and teammate Nick Suzuki.

He is most likely a 2nd rounder but a contender/playoff team could take him at the end of the 1st round

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
As impressive as his stats are, it's good to watch him play. He's not super flashy but makes great decisions on positioning, he's a very good passer, plays a solid defensive game and is very, very good in traffic and in the front of the net. His hand eye coordination is really impressive. Perfect compliment to skilled linemates. I think he can play on any line.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Another goal (and assist) tonight. After a slow start he's posted 41 goals in his past 46 games. Simply absurd production.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Is he first round caliber ? His stats indicates so

I have him at 26. I think he'll get taken in the early 2nd though. Awesome net front presence on the PP. Smart. Skating has improved. Like Hancock and Suzuki took a massive step forward.

I'm pretty sure that Hockey Prospect and even skill biased scouts like Pronman will slot him in the 25 to 35 range. I'd be ecstatic if the Canucks could snag him in the early 2nd if Thomas is gone.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
I have him at 26. I think he'll get taken in the early 2nd though. Awesome net front presence on the PP. Smart. Skating has improved. Like Hancock and Suzuki took a massive step forward.

I'm pretty sure that Hockey Prospect and even skill biased scouts like Pronman will slot him in the 25 to 35 range. I'd be ecstatic if the Canucks could snag him in the early 2nd if Thomas is gone.

6'2, 200 lb, 44 goals scored

Hopefully Montreal drafts him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad