LW Jakob Pelletier - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2019, 26th, CGY)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Pelletier is a smaller skilled center drafted 3rd overall by the Moncton Wildcats in the 2017 QMJHL Entry Draft. I know Lafreniere is stealing everyone's attention as he should, but Pelletier is off to a hot start with 10 points in 8 games to start the season (1 period into his 9th right now) and has been impressive. He's listed as only 5'8 154, so without a growth spurt it will be tough for him to make noise at the top of the draft (especially with how small guys from the QMJHL are treated), but as seen with Yamamoto, teams are becoming less reluctant to gamble on skill.

http://theqmjhl.ca/players/16996

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=410525

I searched for a previous thread, but I couldn't find one. If already created, just merge or delete this thread. I thought with his start, he absolutely thread worthy.

Edit: Just got an assist with 5 minutes left in the 2nd, up to 11 points in 9 games.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I did think it was interesting quite a few of the statistical leaders in the Q were actually 19’s and not 18’s.

You have Pelletier, Marcotty, and Simoneau all over a PPG so far as 19’ eligibles.

Reactions: 99664987

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Pelletier is really skilled. He could also grow over the next few years.
Moncton right now is a good environment because they're a good offensive team (with Cyr and McKenna surprising early on leading the Q in scoring). He's getting tons of offensive opportunities when I saw him play. He's a great fit in Moncton this year.

Dayne97

Oct 15, 2017
I played one year bantam with Jakob's brother, in 2013 I think. Sometimes Jakob practiced with us and he was just as quick as everyone even if he was 2 years younger. hope you guys can understand because english isn't my first language

Reactions: King'sPawn

Dayne97

Oct 15, 2017
Moncton will be a contender as soon as next season with Pelletier, 2018 potential 1st rounder Anderson MacDonald,Cyr,McKenna,overager Julien Tessier. They just need to improve the defense for next season and draft another europeen(Khovanov?).

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Interesting one, looks to be one to watch for 2019 and an intriguing one at that. Will go under the radar with LaFreniere taking the spotlight.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I played one year bantam with Jakob's brother, in 2013 I think. Sometimes Jakob practiced with us and he was just as quick as everyone even if he was 2 years younger. hope you guys can understand because english isn't my first language

Your english is fine.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think I can answer this one for everyone.

Gets to 5'10, 5'11: Definite 1st round pick, good chance at being a top 15 pick
Doesn't get to 5'10 by the draft: Outside chance at late 1st round, likely 2nd or 3rd round

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think I can answer this one for everyone.

Gets to 5'10, 5'11: Definite 1st round pick, good chance at being a top 15 pick
Doesn't get to 5'10 by the draft: Outside chance at late 1st round, likely 2nd or 3rd round

Not sure it’s that cut and dry. IIRC Morand came in at 5’10” last year and still didn’t go until 60th. His -1 season is projecting to be about the same as his.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Doesn't look 5`9 ATM. He looks every bit as good as Drouin as a 16 year old, this kid is the real deal. Tremendous hands, great skating and a good motor. The sky is the limit. I will go out on a limb and say top 10 pick next year.

Reactions: DropIt

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Doesn't look 5`9 ATM. He looks every bit as good as Drouin as a 16 year old, this kid is the real deal. Tremendous hands, great skating and a good motor. The sky is the limit. I will go out on a limb and say top 10 pick next year.
I’d have him in my top-3 at the moment. Was expecting guys like Parent and Krebs to be the most impressive d-1 Canadians this year, and while they are both looking great Pelletier is head and shoulders above them right now, to me.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Great player, has hands and awareness. Also plays really good defensively and gets put out there in tough situations. Future is bright for him

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
2019 class is looking really good so far, of course that can all change quickly but it is showing a lot of promise.

You have Hughes, Pelletier, Newhook, Krebs, Dach, Foote, Turcotte, Suzuki, Parent, Poulin, Simoneau, Caufield, Cozens, Barlage, Lavoie, Rizzo, Beecher all looking pretty good so far and a bunch more having decent seasons in their league. Could be a very deep forward draft, specifically for centers next year though many of these kids will be wingers likely in the NHL. D core looks a little weaker then usual with Vlasic, Byram, Knyazev and Bellamy being the only standouts so far. Fairly decent group of goalies too in Bilous, Knight and Gauthier.

Reactions: DanickDontPanic

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I've been impressed with him at every viewing so far this year and there's no way he is 5'9". He looks six foot easily and strong

Reactions: 99664987

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
H'es blazing fast....remind me of a young Taylor Hall...cannot wait to see how he play next year.

Q under 18 class is stronggg

wein

Jul 2, 2013
I think everyone was disappointed when Moncton fell from 1 to 3 in the draft lottery but they lucked out with this kid. He's a fantastic high skilled and character player. I can't wait to see what he keeps doing.

Michael Farkas

Grace Personified
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.HockeyProspect.com
Just got a glimpse of him during the intrasquad selection camp game...he's a player to keep an eye on...he can skate, he's smart, he's got a motor, he comes back pretty deep in his own end...obviously a ton can change at this stage and I'll see a ton more players...but he feels like a first round pick of some regard...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just got a glimpse of him during the intrasquad selection camp game...he's a player to keep an eye on...he can skate, he's smart, he's got a motor, he comes back pretty deep in his own end...obviously a ton can change at this stage and I'll see a ton more players...but he feels like a first round pick of some regard...

Are these games streamed anywhere?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->