LW Jakob Pelletier - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2019, 26th, CGY)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Haven't seen this kid but the skill/speed/motor combo sounds intriguing. Can anyone who has watched him say if they think he could play C at the NHL level or is he most likely a winger?
He plays LW and has never been a center. Will stick with what works.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I don’t know anything about this guy but I hope he’s good

He is man. He drives the play like an elite prospect but he's small and had a bad playoff due to injury. I think he should have been a top 20 pick but he slipped because of his size. I'm far from an expert, but I do watch a lot of Q hockey and he has never once let me down. I called him a Domi/Gallagher hybrid and I stick by it. Great pick for Calgary. Was hoping he;d slip to the second round and Mtl would trade up lol.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I’m not happy with the pick. We got pushed around in the playoffs and I wanted to add some size. But I didn’t have hope for Johnny either and he proved me wrong. Hopefully Jakob can too. Still need to get some size though.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I’m not happy with the pick. We got pushed around in the playoffs and I wanted to add some size. But I didn’t have hope for Johnny either and he proved me wrong. Hopefully Jakob can too. Still need to get some size though.
Drafting for size and position is silly. The player will take years to make the team, might as well draft the best player.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Drafting for size and position is silly. The player will take years to make the team, might as well draft the best player.
I particularly wanted Robertson or Leason. Leason is an overager so he will be pro this year. That’s where my thought process is because he could be a player sooner rather than later. But yes it’s never a bad decision to draft the best player available. Losing to Colorado was embarrassing though and Johnny did jack all. So there’s bitter feelings. Lol.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Like the comparables and the 2-way play with the mix of offense. Is there anything else you can add to that perhaps?
Pelletier is just relentless and has incredible IQ. Like his Gallagher comparable, the kid scores his goals from in close. Great playmaker too. If he was a couple inches taller he would've gone top 10 easily. Teams in this league still have a size bias. Pelletier will prove everyone wrong.

Reactions: Dominance

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I particularly wanted Robertson or Leason. Leason is an overager so he will be pro this year. That’s where my thought process is because he could be a player sooner rather than later. But yes it’s never a bad decision to draft the best player available. Losing to Colorado was embarrassing though and Johnny did jack all. So there’s bitter feelings. Lol.
Sure, but It wasn't size that killed them, it was playing like ass. Plus Leason is washed. So glad they didn't take him. No kid taken after Kaako is going to make an impact in 2019-20.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Wtf? Calgary fans aren't happy with the pick? Y'all should be through the roof right now.

Totally agree. Pelletier has some serious talent. Good skater, smarts in both ends and an ability to drive play like a top forward. If he had not been injured in the playoffs he would have gone around the 16-20 pick. Really good pick.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
When you specifically target size in the first round you get guys like Crouse or Rychel most of the time. I'm ok with going for skill

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I c alot of people on here saying im not happy with this pick...i think those people do not watch the qmjhl or very limited...the guy was an amazing pick...for people saying poirier 2.0 shows me u dont know anything aboit this prospect...someone even said they wanted brett leason, well we would have to compare pelletiere 2 years from now because leason is an older player and should be better than most because of age and experjence...calgary got a guy who teminds me of gallagher motor never stops and has skill.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I c alot of people on here saying im not happy with this pick...i think those people do not watch the qmjhl or very limited...the guy was an amazing pick...for people saying poirier 2.0 shows me u dont know anything aboit this prospect...someone even said they wanted brett leason, well we would have to compare pelletiere 2 years from now because leason is an older player and should be better than most because of age and experjence...calgary got a guy who teminds me of gallagher motor never stops and has skill.

He reminds me of Gallagher but I think he's a better skater at this stage then Gally was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad