LW Ivan Chekhovich - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL (2017, 212th, SJS released)

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He's put himself under that pressure though. So... idiot.

Do not hide health issues from doctors and coaches. It is not helping anybody.
He did but he's young. Just seems like a learning moment rather than proof. Your young and in a different country and worried that this could hold you back. I understand why he'd lie in that situation. I'm not saying it's the smart decision but he is young enough where these issues are likely due to lack of good advice.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He did but he's young. Just seems like a learning moment rather than proof. Your young and in a different country and worried that this could hold you back. I understand why he'd lie in that situation. I'm not saying it's the smart decision but he is young enough where these issues are likely due to lack of good advice.
Yes, we all were not good at math at some age. He should learn from that situation. He also still has a chance to turn the corner unlike many others.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
My theory is he flamed out in the QMJHL playoffs , so he could crush it in the AHL and then get called up by the Sharks on their run

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
is this guy NHL ready? do sharks fans expect much of him? 20\40 guy?

Possible, but I doubt this is the season we see him make that kind of jump. There's too much veteran competition, and I don't believe he plays a style that'll put him in a position to get those offensive numbers with DeBoer this season... especially when he's already sort of babysitting Labanc.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
is this guy NHL ready? do sharks fans expect much of him? 20\40 guy?

I expect him to get some NHL time, but probably not to score that much. I’d be happy with 30 points. I think there’s a chance he starts the season on a line with Joe Thornton, so anything’s possible.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
He should first prove, he's AHL ready. He looked good in a few games, he played, but it was way too few games.

18Pts in 19 career AHL games (includes playoffs).. his offensive game is going to transition seamlessly to the pros

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Just so we can get a different Sharks prospect back on the first page, I want to bump him. Super hyped about this kid. At every stage he keeps scoring.

Timeline:
April 2018 - 9 points in 6 games in AHL
September 2018 - 2 goals, 1 assist in 1 game in NHL preseason
2018-2019 QMJHL - second in league in points with 105 in 66 games
April 2019- 4 points in 5 games in AHL
June 2019 - 2 goals in prospect game

The guy just keeps scoring wherever he's put since April of 2018. Basically, with our lack of depth on the wings, I think we move Meier to RW and have Chekhovich slot into the top 6 to start the year next season. Put him in a position to succeed offensively right away.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Just so we can get a different Sharks prospect back on the first page, I want to bump him. Super hyped about this kid. At every stage he keeps scoring.

Timeline:
April 2018 - 9 points in 6 games in AHL
September 2018 - 2 goals, 1 assist in 1 game in NHL preseason
2018-2019 QMJHL - second in league in points with 105 in 66 games
April 2019- 4 points in 5 games in AHL
June 2019 - 2 goals in prospect game

The guy just keeps scoring wherever he's put since April of 2018. Basically, with our lack of depth on the wings, I think we move Meier to RW and have Chekhovich slot into the top 6 to start the year next season. Put him in a position to succeed offensively right away.

Interestingly enough I thought he looked really bad in the prospect game and I was expecting him to absolutely dominate. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming tourny. I think it's important for him if he wants to play in the NHL this year to have a very good tourny, and carry that into training camp.

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
Stats wise a very interesting prospect last year. What's up this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad