LW Ivan Chekhovich - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL (2017, 212th, SJS released)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's just the history of the QMJHL. It has always been the most run and gun league in the CHL and produces big scores. It is why you always take goalie stats with a grain of salt when they play in the Q.

The WHL is known for being a bit stingier and producing some great defensemen. A tougher, grittier game sees some lower scores in the WHL. There is still some great offensive talent but the dub is probably the strongest defensive league.

The OHL is kind of the most balanced league and has a bit of both

This isn't to discredit Chekhovich who I think was a massive steal. Last year was pretty disappointing and I'm expecting a huge year for him this year. Look for him to be in the 90 point range
Great take in 2008. The WHL has been the highest scoring league for a while producing the least amount of elite NHL forwards of the 3 leagues.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Great take in 2008. The WHL has been the highest scoring league for a while producing the least amount of elite NHL forwards of the 3 leagues.

This. People still consider the Q like the «run and gun» but it as has not been like that for at least 10 years.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He is saying that the difference between the best teams and the worst teams in the QMJHL are miles apart. The range is much larger then the WHL & OHL. This has been known atleast the last 10 years. The rich get richer and the poor stay the same.

The smallest market in the whole CHL and probably one of the poorest won the 100th Memorial Cup.

Reactions: savard95 and bert

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Leads the Q in goals with 15 and is third in points with 30. (18 games)

Nice stats for 7th round pick.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Bizarre but welcome to see a Sharks prospect semi-regularly on the front page of the prospects sub-forum.

People thought I was nuts this summer because I liked Chekhovich more than Chemlevski. So far, Chekhovich is doing a good job of proving me right.

Reactions: Sandisfan

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Bizarre but welcome to see a Sharks prospect semi-regularly on the front page of the prospects sub-forum.

People thought I was nuts this summer because I liked Chekhovich more than Chemlevski. So far, Chekhovich is doing a good job of proving me right.

To quote me: "Chekhovich with their last pick, GREAT value there. Wow."

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Hmmm. It's more a case of other teams sleeping on Chekhovich who was a known commodity at the draft.

The success of this draft pick rests squarely on the shoulders of the other 30 teams who did not draft him in any of the 6 preceding rounds. Stupid to give the Sharks any credit here.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I think it’s a matter of him having averagish speed while not being overly big.

It’s too early for this discussion anyway. He isn’t a steal until he has success as an NHLer.

Dominating CHL as an overager doesnt guarantee anything.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I think it’s a matter of him having averagish speed while not being overly big.

It’s too early for this discussion anyway. He isn’t a steal until he has success as an NHLer.

Dominating CHL as an overager doesnt guarantee anything.

Not an overager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad