LW Hunter Shinkaruk (2013, 24th, VAN; 2016 traded, CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
is this guy a top 5 pick lock?

No. I'd say there is probably 3-4 guys that are locked in for top 5 (even that could change).

MacKinnon
Jones
Monohan
Barkov

This draft is so deep, and it's only the beginning of the year.... We could/should have some risers and fallers. It's hard for me to see Shinkaruk out of the top 10, but anything could happen when you got guys like Ristolainen, Pulock, Hagg, Drouin, Domi, Morrissey, Lindholm, Lazar, etc. all in the mix...

hyzer23

Sep 12, 2011
Queen City
No. I'd say there is probably 3-4 guys that are locked in for top 5 (even that could change).

MacKinnon
Jones
Monohan
Barkov

This draft is so deep, and it's only the beginning of the year.... We could/should have some risers and fallers. It's hard for me to see Shinkaruk out of the top 10, but anything could happen when you got guys like Ristolainen, Pulock, Hagg, Drouin, Domi, Morrissey, Lindholm, Lazar, etc. all in the mix...

i think you're right about the the four...the only others that i could see above shinny are drouin, lindholm and pulock...possibly lazar. it is early tho

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
How he skates and stick-handles is (to me) very Duchene-like. Shinkaruk definitely has a better shot IMO.

I think of Duchene as a smoother skater, more cerebal player, better vision, Shinkaruk has high bursts of speed, better shot and more of an attitude, and a lot smaller.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
2013 reminds me so much of 2006 which was a sick draft

Jones - Johnson (people have to remember that he was seen as the next great defenseman, and was proving that after his first NHL season)
Monahan - Toews
Shinkaruk - Kessel

and then we have Mackinnon, Lazar, Barkov, Drouin, Duclair, Erne

People have to remember that he suffered a pretty serious injury after his first season and lost an entire season because of it. It really hit his development hard and it could be argued that he never recovered from it. He's really only played 4 seasons in the NHL and he's a number 1 dman for the Avs. Not exactly the worst back step but think of what could be done with him not missing that year in his development.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Fine, from what I've seen.

I saw him against the Giants were the Hat played horrible but even with Musil shadowing him all night he had an awesome shift where he exploded and dominated causing Musil to take a penalty.

I haven't seen all the top prospects play but he is a top 5 talent to me and once he fills out a bit he will be a star in the NHL iMO.

SauceHockey

Retired
Jun 6, 2011
p
Shinkaruk displyed some pretty good speed, work ethic and hands so far even though Medicine Hat have been terrible in there own end

SauceHockey

Retired
Jun 6, 2011
p
To add more Shinkurak's speed created a chance which caught Lowe flat footed and he had sick pass on the PP but Broissoit made a great save even though he did not do much in the second half of the period

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Shinkaruk is quite aways off last years pace? Missing Etem, or just a slow start?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think of Duchene as a smoother skater, more cerebal player, better vision, Shinkaruk has high bursts of speed, better shot and more of an attitude, and a lot smaller.

I think it is pretty well established that Duchene blows him out of the water consider skating. True they do have different weaknesses and strength, but they both still look similar to me. :)

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Kid's been slipping lately. He's one point under a PPG now.

Forward crop in WHL seems historically bad... I think Shinkaruk will be fine, think he will stay in the top 15-20. Compared him to Hishon/Boychuk before in terms of his draft journey before - two slick offensive players who are late birthdays and had big seasons the year before their draft year and then fell back down a bit on draft day from their initial ranking.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Forward crop in WHL seems historically bad... I think Shinkaruk will be fine, think he will stay in the top 15-20. Compared him to Hishon/Boychuk before in terms of his draft journey before - two slick offensive players who are late birthdays and had big seasons the year before their draft year and then fell back down a bit on draft day from their initial ranking.

I mean I think he'll be fine. From what I've seen he looks better than Hishon and Boychuk...by quite a bit especially if drafted by the right team. But if this trend continues he's gonna lose ground to guys like Drouin, Lazar, Domi, among others.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Plays and looks like Kessel lol.

Has a goal + four assists after two periods tonight.

edit: now has one goal + five assists

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

10 minutes left...

All 5 assists were primary too. Calgary kid destroying Calgary.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI

i swear he is Kessel's long lost little brother, they even sound similar imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->