LW Hunter Shinkaruk (2013, 24th, VAN; 2016 traded, CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
Shinkaruk's currently out of the Tigers lineup with a 'head' injury, unfortunately. Team is calling it day-to-day.

Hope all is good. He torched the Blades the last time the Tigers came through town, look forward to seeing how he progresses next season when Etem is off to Anaheim.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this kid is a joy to watch. I hope his health will be fine and he bounces back asap.

I was watching Emerson Etem closely, but I came away so impressed with Hunter. this kid has a ton of skill and man can he snipe. the 2013 draft is looking like it can have some mighty firepower in it, and thats a good thing for the NHL since this years draft is going to produce a ton of dmen with not a lot of scorers.

One of my favorite players for the 2013 draft, he should go top 5, but lets see how he produces next season with Etem gone and teams top players focus on him.....I think he will handle it nicely, this kid is a stud in the making. I really loved Brett Connolly in his draft year, but this kid is the player that I think will be a star in the making in a few years.

I also like Lazar and Rankin as both kids should produce much more next season. solid year for the dub in 2013.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
display_1997F.jpg

?

Also, wtf? Is that thing on the side of his skate the grafs logo? He is like 3 years old and his skates are grafs? His dad must be rich, holy batman.

My roommates brother played with him in midget. Apparently his dad would buy his way to the nhl if he could. His attitude is also questionable at best. But then again, how many 16/17 yrs old have a good attitude

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
My roommates brother played with him in midget. Apparently his dad would buy his way to the nhl if he could. His attitude is also questionable at best. But then again, how many 16/17 yrs old have a good attitude

I've spoken to Hunter before just a few weeks ago, seamed like a great kid.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I've spoken to Hunter before just a few weeks ago, seamed like a great kid.

I spoke to him as well, was very happy to do the interview. With that being said, he had just scored a hat trick and was in a very good mood.

I think the 'attitude' that comes across from him is more ego/arrogance than anything else. He's always ready to celebrate goals, rub it in the oppositions face, regardless of the score or the situation. That can rub people the wrong way.

But hey, I don't mind cockiness as long as it doesn't stop you from working hard day in and day out...especially if in the end you continually produce.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Jan 9, 2012
Medicine Hat,Alberta

friends with hunts and his attitude is not questionable, hunts is a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, he is not afraid to show everyone what and who he is all about. Every time I see him at the rink he is outside the dressing rooms in the hallways working on his game. He uses his attitude to his advantage, when I watch hunts play I can tell that he gets under the other teams skin. Another thing about him is the fact that he always has a smile on his face. I met his father once when I went up to his home last summer in Calgary and his father is a very nice guy. Sure any father wants the best for his kid but hunts is not just some kid who's father just bought his way to where he is at. Hunter has the determination that is needed to be successful. A couple of weeks ago I asked how do you think you got to where you are today, he told me even if he was the best player, that he never stopped getting better and practicing. But anyway hunts is an amazing guy and friend. Yeah his attitude may be a problem to others,but it doesn't bother any of his friends and family.

Hunts will be in the NHL very soon, I'd put money on it. His determination, skill and personality will make him a star in the big leagues because he never stops becoming a better player and kid day in and out.

ginopuck

Apr 2, 2012
I think he could go 1st overall in 2013. He had 49 goals this season and he's still only 17.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Impressive player. I would take him top 3 in this year draft but next year is so crazy talented. Mackinnon and Jones are the only surefire top 3 picks right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad