LW Hunter Shinkaruk (2013, 24th, VAN; 2016 traded, CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfest*

2 goals and an assist on tuesday night.

20 games played - 20 goals, 8 assists.

Beerfest*

Potted his 25th goal of the year tonight.

26 games played - 25 goals, 10 assists.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Saw Shinkaruk live two nights ago. Wow, what a player.

My favorite forward in the WHL for the 2013 draft. Kid does it all. Not very big, but has grown considerably. Very slick hands and plays pretty chippy. Not overly physical but will give a stick or two to the opposition if they get under his skin.

Plays remarkably similar to Matt Duchene, even though I compared him to Patrick Kane in the past.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Saw Shinkaruk live two nights ago. Wow, what a player.

My favorite forward in the WHL for the 2013 draft. Kid does it all. Not very big, but has grown considerably. Very slick hands and plays pretty chippy. Not overly physical but will give a stick or two to the opposition if they get under his skin.

Plays remarkably similar to Matt Duchene, even though I compared him to Patrick Kane in the past.

how would you rank him in terms of other whl 13' eligible forwards?

1. Shinkaruk
2. Lazar
3. Klimchuk

something like that maybe?

R S

Sep 18, 2006

1. Shinkaruk
2. Lazar
3. Klimchuk

Forsberg would be ahead of Klimchuk for me.

Likely

Shinkaruk
Forsberg
Lazar

Those last two are pretty interchangeable though.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
the '13 draft is definitely looking like a forwards draft....

Shinkaruk has some of the softest hands I've ever seen, while Lazar is very 2-way for a player his age.

It's like Kane and Toews to me, anyone else?

Boy oh boy, Shinkaruk coming home to play for the Flames would be so rad :D

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Shinkaruk also has a year of experience on Lazar

Doesn't matter, his hands would still be better, AINEC.

Lazar is probably the better player though, but Shinkaruk's got some of the best mitts in close I've seen in a long time. I doubt that year of experience matters much in that department.

But hey you can't win them all.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary

1. Shinkaruk
2. Lazar
3. Klimchuk

I haven't seen Klimchuk but between Shinkaruk, Forsberg, and Lazar, all 3 are offensive players but so very different in how they play the game that it's really hard to compare them. Kinda like last year's draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come down to team needs, especially if it comes down to Forsberg vs. Lazar.

Beerfest*

A hattrick and an assist for Shinkaruk tonight.

54 games played - 40 goals, 30 assists.

SaskBlades

Feb 3, 2012
He sure looked great last night against us (Blades). I would say he played a better game than Etem.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Was definitely the best player on the ice last night. Talked to him after the game, too. Very humble kid and you can tell he just loves to go out there and put up big numbers.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Are he and Etem playing together? And if they are how much of his success is because of Etem or are they just very good compliments to each other.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Jan 9, 2012
Medicine Hat,Alberta
Are he and Etem playing together? And if they are how much of his success is because of Etem or are they just very good compliments to each other.
Yes they play together. They complement each other very well, When the tigers let Emerson go back to Cali for a week for a break, Hunter got a hat trick. Its not like hunter wouldn't put up points if he had different line mates. Its more that Hunter and Emerson push each other to get better. Emerson is like a mentor for Hunts. (Not as much any more) but now that they have been together so long, they have grown into players that complement each other so well. Medicine Hat has been pumping out so many good NHL players, Joffrey Lupul, Jay Bouwmeester, Kris Russell, Darren Helm, Derek Dorsett, Emerson Etem, Tyler Ennis etc.... Next to that list will be Hunter Shinkaruk :)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Although I'd hate to draft that high next year, it would be cool to see him and Etem on the same line in Anaheim.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Although I'd hate to draft that high next year, it would be cool to see him and Etem on the same line in Anaheim.

How high?

I guess if you want the Ducks in the postseason, you won't get Shinkaruk.

He'll likely be a solid top 12-15 pick at the worst, IMO.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lots to be determined. I've seen people say he's top 5, but at this point I still think it's a bit early for that.

Yeah. Look at Ebert.

I don't think the same thing will happen to Shinkaruk though. And like you said, with 40 goals the year before he's drafted? I doubt much of that was feeding off of Etem. As much as I love Emerson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad