LW Hunter Shinkaruk (2013, 24th, VAN; 2016 traded, CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfest*

How big is his dad? One thing that may hold Hunter back is his size.

I wouldnt be able to give you an accurate size on his dad right now, however from what I remember people were always wondering about Hunters size and if he would be tall enough to be competitive. From what ive seen hes always competitive whatever size/age he plays agaist.

He's currently listed at 5'10 on hockeydb, with two years left until hes draft eligible, perhaps he would be able to get to 6'0 or more.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Can someone explain why the video's on his youtube account have him on the ice as a lefty but in the tribute to Oshie he is righty?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Can someone explain why the video's on his youtube account have him on the ice as a lefty but in the tribute to Oshie he is righty?

Putting it on YouTube flipped the video to make it seem like he's a righty. He explained in the comments at some point.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
is there anyone else in the chl putting up these kind of numbers that's not eligible until 2013? If not this guy has a pretty good case for 1st overall atm. I mean most elite prospects for his draft class are still in midget and who knows how they will translate to the chl or whatever level they decide to play at next. I'm not saying guys like mackinnon and lazar won't put up good numbers but there is a chance they won't, and this guy has already proven he can produce at the chl level and will most likely continue to improve and grow

Sean Monahan also had a great season in the OHL for Ottawa.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
This 16 year old rookie for the Medicine Hat Tiger is having a brilliant season, and should be a top candidate for rookie of the year in the WHL.

Already this season he has 31 points in 39 games as a 16 year old. Tough feat for the WHL.

He also played very good for Team Pacific at the World Under 17 challenge recently. On the Bronze winning squad he had 5 goals and 9 points in 6 games.

Because of his late birthday he is also not eligible until the 2013 year.

Average size right now standing 5'10 and weighing in at 160. Probably could be expected to grow another 2 inches atleast. Very good skater with good top end speed and amazing hands.

I rather have Sean Monahan who's playing for Ottawa in the OHL.
This kid got 47 pts in 65 games and 4 pts in 4 playoff games. This kid will be a top 5 and possibly a top 3 of the 2013 draft.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I rather have Sean Monahan who's playing for Ottawa in the OHL.
This kid got 47 pts in 65 games and 4 pts in 4 playoff games. This kid will be a top 5 and possibly a top 3 of the 2013 draft.

what is Seans skillset like?

Points are one thing but it could have a lot to do with team context as well.

I honestly have no idea as I haven't seen him play.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
what is Seans skillset like?

Points are one thing but it could have a lot to do with team context as well.

I honestly have no idea as I haven't seen him play.

I didn't see him enough to be 100% correct since I only saw a bit of him on tv but what I've seen was enough. He simply creates spaces,got hands and a got a great shot. He's a excited prospect since he's all ready over 6 feet 2 and might grow abit more. might become a beast. Only time will tell!!!

StamkosOneTimer

Jun 29, 2010
Very taleneted kid, needs to improve his skating though if he wants to be really elite. I have seen him play a few games in the playoffs too and looks scared ****less at times when hes about to get hit.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Very taleneted kid, needs to improve his skating though if he wants to be really elite. I have seen him play a few games in the playoffs too and looks scared ****less at times when hes about to get hit.
I disagree,
Got to see him live in the Hat this weekend. Had very good skating. Thought his speed was good but could work on his strength of stride. Was not afraid to go to the corners but did get out muscled a few times. Has very good vision.

Beerfest*

10 games - 9 goals - 1 assist. (2 goals and 1 assist against his hometown Calgary hitmen tonight)

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
9 goals in 10 games. He has sick hands and he is gonna rip the league up in his draft year next year. Such great hands and offensive skills.

Beerfest*

Had a hattrick tonight.

18 games played - 17 goals, 6 assists, +10, 10 PIM.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Named WHL player of the week.

3 Games....

7 goals
4 assists
11 points

WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events