LW Grigori Denisenko (2018, 15th, FLA; claimed by VGK)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yes, but he missed multiple games in between. He wasn't even playing down in the MHL.
Was he injured? Benched? Suspended? Would be grateful for any kind of info on his situation.
There is the ususal rotation. The youngest of them Denisenko and Kovalenko aren't going to play every game obviously. I have to say that while Kovalenko denies being anything like his father in a way he is. He holds up pretty well against the physicality in the men's league while he isn't exactly tall or big. That's where Denisenko is obviously lacking. He needs time and time in the gym.

They are all going to the junior tournaments soon anyway. That's where they can show more against weaker competition.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
@SoundAndFury do you watch many Loko games? If so how has he looked?
I don't since I mostly watch Riga in the evenings so I get to watch Loko from time to time (either when Riga doesn't play or when they play each other) but not particularly often. But just so it happens Loko played Riga yesterday so it was one of those times. As flawed as Atas' judgment is he got everything more or less right this time. He doesn't really belong in the KHL yet and is being fed opportunities by Loko because they can afford it. On most teams with a different junior policy, he would either be loaned out to a bottom feeder or sent to the MHL. Having said that, the talent is definitely there it's just that he is a boy among men.

Reactions: 16Skippy

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
3+2 and voted best player today against the Czechs at U20 (they won 6-5).
It's encouraging to see him do well against his peers.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don't since I mostly watch Riga in the evenings so I get to watch Loko from time to time (either when Riga doesn't play or when they play each other) but not particularly often. But just so it happens Loko played Riga yesterday so it was one of those times. As flawed as Atas' judgment is he got everything more or less right this time. He doesn't really belong in the KHL yet and is being fed opportunities by Loko because they can afford it. On most teams with a different junior policy, he would either be loaned out to a bottom feeder or sent to the MHL. Having said that, the talent is definitely there it's just that he is a boy among men.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Just admit I was right as always.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Well, technically he has been called up, as before that he played in the MHL. But yeah, after that boarding penalty week ago late in the game Vs. Sochi that costed Lokomotiv a win and made coach Kvartalnov furious I can imagine that he won't be called up to the KHL again too soon.
Any insight what does this mean for him developement-wise?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that if a young player's brainfart costs team a victory, he will have to work quite hard to regain the trust of the coach. On practice I think it will likely mean that he will be playing in VHL and MHL for the time being, which is not a bad thing too, also considering he will likely be busy with the U20 NT pretty soon anyway.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Depends on the player. Developmental wise, it's my opinion that receiving quality minutes in the VHL is no worse than limited KHL action, perhaps even more beneficial for a young player. However, if Denisenko thinks the MHL/VHL is beneath him......:dunno:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Just watching the WJ, this kid seems very one-dimensional. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't have a good NHL career scoring goals.
He does need to work on moving the puck. When he gets it in the O zone, he is like a black hole.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not comparing the two, but look at how Panarin developed before making the jump to the NHL.

I think Denisenko is going to need time as well.

Reactions: iam76

LaMascarade

Sep 9, 2016
How far is he from playing in the NHL? Been rated quite high in both Button and Pronman latest lists.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
How far is he from playing in the NHL? Been rated quite high in both Button and Pronman latest lists.

I honestly have no clue, but I don't think there's any rush to bring him over. I think he'll stay in Russia for at least another full season, maybe 2. Then, he'll most certainly be heading to the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad