Prospect Info: LW Eetu Pakkila

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Päkkilä extended by the Finnish club Ilves till 2024.

Regarding discussion above, Päkkilä seems to play usually on 4th line in Ilves, which may explain his lowish point total to an extent. Once NHL kicks off, like 3-5 forwards from Ilves are expected to leave for NHL so Päkkilä's role for the remainder of the season can be expected to increase.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland

Päkkilä's 3rd of the year from Friday.

He has now 13 pts in 30 games and seems to have cemented himself on third line LW. I gotta admit I havent seen any of his matches since the start of Liiga and only follow Liiga through boxscores and highlights, so cant say much more about him. Maybe @Capt Andy Poo or @Figgie know better?

Positives though: his icetime has gone up all season. That is also due to NHL starting and Ilves losing couple good forwards up front to NA, but the first few months he averaged 11 minutes. But in January he got 12:30 and so far this month in 6 games, 13:43.

Ilves has struggled quite a bit after losing probably best goalie, best defenseman and best forward of the Liiga to NHL/AHL. If this season gets finished normally, I hope Päkkilä can carve out a spot in the top six. Everyone knows that he's a very long shot, but theres always a chance.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Fire Fitz :sarcasm:
1be8e2ad-3073-45fd-993a-8d8775e42c81-jpeg.671030

Cant wait for the FLA to snoop in and continue their success of picking up Liiga superstars who blossom into NHL players under the bright lights of Miami. Speaking of bright lights, wouldnt count out the Rags either. They will probably get him for a discount and form a dynamic duo with Kuppo Kappo. NYb and Lou will be in on the sweepstakes aswell, since he has a history of bringing in big name free agents from overseas - something NJD hasnt done since letting him go.

Thanks for nothing Fitz.

(how did I do @Bleedred :sarcasm: )

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Cant wait for the FLA to snoop in and continue their success of picking up Liiga superstars who blossom into NHL players under the bright lights of Miami. Speaking of bright lights, wouldnt count out the Rags either. They will probably get him for a discount and form a dynamic duo with Kuppo Kappo. NYb and Lou will be in on the sweeptakes aswell, since he has a history of bringing in big name free agents from overseas - something NJD hasnt done since letting him go.

Thanks for nothing Fitz.

Honestly? I almost felt like I was reading one of his posts!

Well done!:laugh:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Cant wait for the FLA to snoop in and continue their success of picking up Liiga superstars who blossom into NHL players under the bright lights of Miami. Speaking of bright lights, wouldnt count out the Rags either. They will probably get him for a discount and form a dynamic duo with Kuppo Kappo. NYb and Lou will be in on the sweeptakes aswell, since he has a history of bringing in big name free agents from overseas - something NJD hasnt done since letting him go.

Thanks for nothing Fitz.

This was fantastic.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Thanks for nothing Fitz.

Would hardly call 18 points in 54 games a "Liiga superstar".

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Would hardly call 18 points in 54 games a "Liiga superstar".

I would hardly call Miami having bright lights either when it comes to hockey and Panthers. :sarcasm:

It was just a fun throw in cause ever since hitting a slam dunk with Barkov, Panthers have tried to bring in many Liiga free agents especially from Tampere area in order to hope one of them hits. But whether its *Sebastian Repo, Henrik Haapala or Anton Levtchi, they havent had any luck.

* Repo was an overager they had to draft in order to sign.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I would hardly call Miami having bright lights either when it comes to hockey and Panthers. :sarcasm:

It was just a fun throw in cause ever since hitting a slam dunk with Barkov, Panthers have tried to bring in many Liiga free agents especially from Tampere area in order to hope one of them hits. But whether its *Sebastian Repo, Henrik Haapala or Anton Levtchi, they havent had any luck.

At least Lundell pick looks good. We could draft him and Mercer and have offensive deep core for years. Still hope for Holtz.

"Bleedred" post was excellent

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Finns don’t even have to be playing for Liiga, Florida signed Petteri Lindbohm for the rest of the 2021-22 season when Jokerit left the KHL in March. The Panthers collect them all.

Reactions: FinnishDevil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad