LW Dominik Kubalik (2013, 191st, LAK; traded to CHI)

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
14 shot attempts, 10 on net, and a goal. Leading the hawks in shots. You’d have to think they start going in for him soon.

Dude looks like he should have a top 6 role with the Hawks for quite some time. Brings some physicality too.

I’d think Saad would be on 2nd line when he returns. When healthy With Toews, Strome and Dach as Centers, Kane, Debrincat, Kubalik and Saad as wingers; the Hawks actually have 2 good lines with some talent on the 3rd. Although I’d think they’d replace Saad perhaps if Nylander or some other young winger ended up reaching their potential.

Would like to see a line of Kane - Strome - Kubalik
With a 2nd line of Saad - Toews - Debrincat

Of course they can play around.

Last edited:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
I feel like he's not getting nearly enough attention, good shot at hitting 30 goals his first year. I know he's a bit older but that's still pretty solid. Would be interested in hearing from some Hawks' fans on how he scores most of his goals, and what else he does well.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I feel like he's not getting nearly enough attention, good shot at hitting 30 goals his first year. I know he's a bit older but that's still pretty solid. Would be interested in hearing from some Hawks' fans on how he scores most of his goals, and what else he does well.
He's fast, has decent size, and you can tell by watching him that his defense has gotten better.

Read an article on the suntimes earlier today and was surprised to read that his 21 goals at 5v5 is 4th best in the league, which is hugely impressive for a guy playing his first season in the NHL.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

He does it in a variety. Hes played both wings and scored well from both. One timers, quick shots from rushes, he even batted one out of air which was awesome. I would say about half his goals have come from these kind of shots and him just floating into open space to be an outlet that can be set up.

The other half though all from right in front of the net. Many second chance attempts, rebounds, pokes from scrambles, a few deflecions. I love these kind of goals, hes absolutely not afraid to stick his nose in the dirty areas.

Complete goal scorer profile, and why i think its not unreasonable for him to hold this production level up. He will be impactful in dirty playoff games, and open games equally.

As for other things, hes decent along the boards, although on his line he will be more the guy thats around the goal. He forechecks and backchecks decently, but nothing too crazy. He is responsible though, and wont be a defensive liability at all. Hes just a smart smart guy that battles and is always in the right spots. He can hit too when going in for the board battle, and was doing it quite a bit early in the season, but by now our whole team has stopped doing it. Also his passing is quite nice, making quick heads up passes constantly, head always up.

Year just a really smart player.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
upload_2020-2-25_8-43-44.png

this cat's good

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

He does it in a variety. Hes played both wings and scored well from both. One timers, quick shots from rushes, he even batted one out of air which was awesome. I would say about half his goals have come from these kind of shots and him just floating into open space to be an outlet that can be set up.

The other half though all from right in front of the net. Many second chance attempts, rebounds, pokes from scrambles, a few deflecions. I love these kind of goals, hes absolutely not afraid to stick his nose in the dirty areas.

Complete goal scorer profile, and why i think its not unreasonable for him to hold this production level up. He will be impactful in dirty playoff games, and open games equally.

As for other things, hes decent along the boards, although on his line he will be more the guy thats around the goal. He forechecks and backchecks decently, but nothing too crazy. He is responsible though, and wont be a defensive liability at all. Hes just a smart smart guy that battles and is always in the right spots. He can hit too when going in for the board battle, and was doing it quite a bit early in the season, but by now our whole team has stopped doing it. Also his passing is quite nice, making quick heads up passes constantly, head always up.

Year just a really smart player.

To add to Muffinalt about his goal scoring here's his spray chart this year. Kubalik will make his living inside the house.

Kubalik.PNG

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Yup. Though if he doesnt want to play for you than what. I just cannot believe that he didnt want to play for LA.

Elite wrister and even a wicked slapshot. Very few NHL forwards have a good slapper.

LA got Prokhorkin as consolation prize but Kubalik is the better player.

Prokhorkin is the better player of the two. Not sure how you equate a good shot to being the overall better player? But Prokhorkin is a notch above Kubalik and it’s not even close

Here you go... Kubalik is the better player was your quote, I simply corrected you by saying no he is not and it’s not even close.
Corrected me ? :facepalm:

Only thing Prokhorkin has on Kubalik is flashiness and being a healthy scratch.

Kubalik has led all his teams in points the last years. He has a NHL shot.

Just the tag "not even close" should have been enough to ignore you.
I told you so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaners PPGs

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I told you so.
And I told you that if Prokhorkin was afford the same opportunity that Kubalik was we would be happy..
Guess who got their chance because their team wasnt saddled with underperforming players.. and who didnt.. Pro would probably look like a stud getting quality minutes with a legit NHL center

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
And I told you that if Prokhorkin was afford the same opportunity that Kubalik was we would be happy..
Guess who got their chance because their team wasnt saddled with underperforming players.. and who didnt.. Pro would probably look like a stud getting quality minutes with a legit NHL center
You got to be kidding me..

Yeah, that is it.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
As of a few days ago, Kubalik had the 4th most 5v5 goals in the entire league. Prokhorkin wasn't gonna do that this season, odds are he never will.

And Kuablik didn't start out with Toews this season. Early on, he was playing with Saad and Kampf. He earned a bigger role and got moved up to the top line.

However, @Frolov 6'3 is being childish by trying to pull an "I told you so" here. Nobody wants this stupid pissing match in this thread.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
As of a few days ago, Kubalik had the 4th most 5v5 goals in the entire league. Prokhorkin wasn't gonna do that this season, odds are he never will.

And Kuablik didn't start out with Toews this season. Early on, he was playing with Saad and Kampf. He earned a bigger role and got moved up to the top line.

However, @Frolov 6'3 is being childish by trying to pull an "I told you so" here. Nobody wants this stupid pissing match in this thread.

Prokhorkin has been saddled with Michael Amadio whose confidence seems shot. The few times he was allowed to play with a better line he did well but we had pieces to move so back down the lineup he went..
These last 20ish games will be his time to show what he can do.. Hell, Blake and TMac have said as much about ll our bottom 6! its put up or shut up by those guys..
As for Kubalik, I got shit for 3 years straight because I kept slotting him into our top 6. This was before Fro and Andys started their whining(lol).. But as soon as he refused to sign here it was time to let go and some Kings posters should do the same.. I root for my Team not individual players!

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Dude please.

People draw all kind of ridiculous conclusions all the time here. At that point everything is allowed. Than you can clearly see what the difference is and it is suddenly “childish” ? I should get praise how right I was all along, not this nonsense from you.

It always annoys me when a thread gets locked because people were dread wrong. Those silly conversations about nothing, that is childish. People should be held accountable if they come up with ridiculous claims. Not for being wrong, no.....ridiculous claims.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Dude please.

People draw all kind of ridiculous conclusions all the time here. At that point everything is allowed. Than you can clearly see what the difference is and it is suddenly “childish” ? I should get praise how right I was all along, not this nonsense from you.

It always annoys me when a thread gets locked because people were dread wrong. Those silly conversations about nothing, that is childish. People should be held accountable if they come up with ridiculous claims. Not for being wrong, no.....ridiculous claims.
Every poster who has posted for enough years here has been wrong. No need to dig up the past and try rubbing it in someone else's face. Move on already.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Every poster who has posted for enough years here has been wrong. No need to dig up the past and try rubbing it in someone else's face. Move on already.
Just being wrong is something different, I already explained that.

I am a LA fan and didnt even dig up this topic...

I can not agree with this at all.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Just being wrong is something different, I already explained that.

I am a LA fan and didnt even dig up this topic...

I can not agree with this at all.

Sure maybe right now it’s time to admit Kubalik is the better player and we all wanted to see him in a Kings uni but the pride of our management not giving an opportunity in the NHL is what led to our downfall not only with Kubalik but with many others as well. It’s not hard to realize that teams are letting kids come into the NHL faster and are a better team for it .

Look at Konecny in Philly he came straight from juniors and has arguably either been their best player or is 1B with Couts.

Look at Suzuki straight to the NHL etc .... it’s just the way the NHL is now . Kings have to start following or we will always stay behind . I’m getting tired of seeing Kings fans saying Kaliyev, Fagemo etc are 3-4 yrs away . No they’re not either next year or following year I expect both plus few others to be full time NHLers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad