LW Dominik Kubalik (2013, 191st, LAK; traded to CHI)

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he had a goal and assist. anybody watching the game could tell me how he played?

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
he had a goal and assist. anybody watching the game could tell me how he played?

He had a really good game by scoring two crucial points (1 G, 1 A) in the decisive parts of the game. Dynamic, reliable and dangerous player as he has been in the Swiss league throughout his last season. And what most people forget, he is only 23 years old - plenty of time for impact in the NHL!

What a steal trading him to Chicago for only a 5th round pick. In my opinion he is at least worth a 3rd, if not a 2nd round pick!

Reactions: JLarucci23

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
He wasn’t going to sign in LA.

Jon Rosen said that he doesn’t really show a willingness to go to hard areas. Kings seem higher on Prohkorkin.

Time will tell if either can contribute at the NHL level.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hawks have his buddies/linemates in Kahun and Kampf...it was an easy choice for the Hawks to make that move and now he looks like a legit top 6 option for us. Bowman confirmed he will be with the Hawks next year, so this guy is exciting a lot of Hawks fans already. His shot is wicked, throws his body around as well...he is a very likable player to watch.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Hawks have his buddies/linemates in Kahun and Kampf...it was an easy choice for the Hawks to make that move and now he looks like a legit top 6 option for us. Bowman confirmed he will be with the Hawks next year, so this guy is exciting a lot of Hawks fans already. His shot is wicked, throws his body around as well...he is a very likable player to watch.
I was a massive fan of his when he and Kahun played together here in Sudbury. Awesome to see them reunited.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
its was dumb by LA to trade his rights
Yup. Though if he doesnt want to play for you than what. I just cannot believe that he didnt want to play for LA.

Elite wrister and even a wicked slapshot. Very few NHL forwards have a good slapper.

LA got Prokhorkin as consolation prize but Kubalik is the better player.

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
Yup. Though if he doesnt want to play for you than what. I just cannot believe that he didnt want to play for LA.

Elite wrister and even a wicked slapshot. Very few NHL forwards have a good slapper.

I dont buy he didnt want to play for LA, I am sure the contract was the problem

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Prokhorkin is the better player of the two. Not sure how you equate a good shot to being the overall better player? But Prokhorkin is a notch above Kubalik and it’s not even close

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Really excited to see this kid play. Im hoping Colliton will slot him on a line with Kane. With Kane's vision and Kubalik's shot, those two could be a nasty duo.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Really excited to see this kid play. Im hoping Colliton will slot him on a line with Kane. With Kane's vision and Kubalik's shot, those two could be a nasty duo.
I'd actually like to see him on his off-hand, playing with DeBrincat and Strome. Strome, a high-level playmaker, with two speedy wingers with quick and accurate wristers.

Reactions: JLarucci23

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Prokhorkin is the better player of the two. Not sure how you equate a good shot to being the overall better player? But Prokhorkin is a notch above Kubalik and it’s not even close
Dude. I pointed out his best asset. You make things up.

Just the tag "not even close" should have been enough to ignore you.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Here you go... Kubalik is the better player was your quote, I simply corrected you by saying no he is not and it’s not even close.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Here you go... Kubalik is the better player was your quote, I simply corrected you by saying no he is not and it’s not even close.
Corrected me ? :facepalm:

Only thing Prokhorkin has on Kubalik is flashiness and being a healthy scratch.

Kubalik has led all his teams in points the last years. He has a NHL shot.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Corrected me ? :facepalm:

Only thing Prokhorkin has on Kubalik is flashiness and being a healthy scratch.

Kubalik has led all his teams in points the last years. He has a NHL shot.

Really Fro, you'd take the guy in the swiss league over a guy that's proven himself in the KHL??

We both know Prokhorkin isn't flashy, he's just really talented and gets things done... As for your whole he got benched , well news flash, he refused to sign an extention and was benched to force him to do so but he agreed to come over and he almost is .. Ultimately, we are getting a much needed infusion of talent, skill and youth(26YO)... would i have liked both he and Kubalik, sure but for whatever reason the Kings soured on him the way DL did on Bud Holloway ( though no where near the talent Kubs is)..

But i'll stick to my guns here and again say that Prokhorkin is the superior player and it isnt even close

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bowman isn’t shy about loading up an ELC with performance bonuses. Not sure if that is something the LA front office is against

I don't think so. The only things they've been pretty clearly against are guaranteeing NHL roster spots and, uh, signing talented forwards :P

Really though we've had a major issue getting Europeans period all the way across. Russians in particular but it seems like guys that don't come over within a year of being drafted for us don't come at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad