LW Dmitry Buchelnikov - Admiral Vladivostok, KHL (2022, 52nd, DET)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Another interesting thing about the kid is he was nothing special in U16 leagues. I mean he scored just 9 points in 26 (!) games in U16 league being 16 year old. And then he scored 61 points in 28 games next season in U17 league. And then it was 37 points in 46 games in his first MHL season, and now he's tearing up the league.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He’s so electric. He has to easily be a 2nd rounder this year (assuming teams don’t discount him more than normal because AHHH RUSSIAN!!111). Was one of the youngest players in the draft last year and compared to his peers in the MHL that got drafted in the 2nd last year (poltapov, kisakov) he’s outperformed them this year despite being 7-11months younger than each.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Could watch his highlights all night long. Filthy stuff and he really seems to play with an absolute passion to score. Watch a team like Tampa casually pick him up and have him go supernova as a prospect.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
For what it's worth, I didn't know this guy existed until I caught an SKA game to watch other guys and he stood out the most to me, at least in my sample size he was most effective and consistent too. Dynamic and exciting on the ice. Killing penalties too, and scoring a ton for someone a week or two too old to be first time eligible this year.

Don't know a comparable but there's definitely some top-6 upside. He definitely warrants consideration as a second round pick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like that I don't question his play off-puck in the games I watched in the playoffs as they were pummelling Dynamo. And he was still really dynamic with the puck and in offensive situations - just a treat to watch and very entertaining.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
For what it's worth, I didn't know this guy existed until I caught an SKA game to watch other guys and he stood out the most to me, at least in my sample size he was most effective and consistent too. Dynamic and exciting on the ice. Killing penalties too, and scoring a ton for someone a week or two too old to be first time eligible this year.

Don't know a comparable but there's definitely some top-6 upside. He definitely warrants consideration as a second round pick.

He reminds me young Panarin, size, skating, stickhandling, shot, IQ. The same position as well, and his one-timer is lethal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Lil rat

Oct 26, 2019
What do you guys think about his big 6'3 Centre maxim kryovakov

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What do you guys think about his big 6'3 Centre maxim kryovakov

The Buchelnikov - Krovyakov - Gurzanov line has good chemistry, but I'd say Buchelnikov is still the main driving force of the line. Krovyakov is good enough, but he's almost 20, so it's hard to say anything about his future. He's about as good as he should be at his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad