LW Carson Bantle - Madison Capitols, USHL (2020, 142nd, ARI)

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Carson Bantle at eliteprospects.com

I saw this kid in a prospect list, but don't know anything about the player, can someone tell me more about him?
Great size, bit of a nose for the net, fairly solid prospect all-around. I noticed him a good amount in the games I've seen to start the year (they do a fall classic where every team plays 2 games), but he's getting a lot of love from stat-watchers because of the tear, and probably deservedly so. I've watched one game since then, he looked fine, didn't blow me away but he's a fine player. It's not too fun of a team to watch... seriously light on talent, he gets every opportunity to show what he can do. If he keeps it up he probably will play his way to a top 100-130 pick, but I'm not sure yet.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Madison Capitols left wing Carson Bantle had a point-per-game season in the USHL in his draft year. Serving as an alternate captain, he put up 20 goals and 29 assists for 49 points in 49 games with Madison. It was a real breakout season that has gotten him noticed by scouts. Bantle played for Team USA in the 2019 Hlinka-Gretzky Tournament. He took the confidence and experience of representing his country into this season. It was a big improvement on his 2018-19 season when he scored 10 goals and 10 assists for 20 points in 62 games with Madison.

Bantle, an Onalaska, Wisconsin native, is a product of the world-famous Shattuck St. Mary’s prep school. In 2017-18 he put up 12 goals and 28 points in 52 games for the Sabres midget team. In 2016-17 he scored 19 goals and 42 points in 56 games for the Shattuck bantam team. Bantle is committed to playing hockey for the Michigan Tech Huskies in the NCAA next season. Should he change his mind and opt to go the CHL route, his rights are owned by North Bay Battalion. The Battalion selected Bantle with a 14th round pick, 275 overall in the 2018 OHL Draft.

Our Scouting Report is here
Carson Bantle Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #97

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I feel like this guy is getting overlooked. Early 4th feels about right to me, but on a lot of lists he's nowhere to be found.

Big
Tough
Skates well
.... all things old school Gms like

But also has "some" skill. His numbers don't look great largely because of the team he was on. I wonder if a team drafts him higher than a lot of lists project.

Reactions: Realgud

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I feel like this guy is getting overlooked. Early 4th feels about right to me, but on a lot of lists he's nowhere to be found.

Big
Tough
Skates well
.... all things old school Gms like

But also has "some" skill. His numbers don't look great largely because of the team he was on. I wonder if a team drafts him higher than a lot of lists project.

He's got heavy feet so his first few strides aren't quick but his top speed is good (seen him beat dmen to the outside). He's got good hands and vision which you usually don't see in a big player like Bantle.

Him and Kirwan were the only forwards on Madison scoring over 15 goals. Bantle participated in 43% of Madison's scoring. He can play in all game situations (PP, PK).

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
He won't make it out of the top 100. This is the kind of prospect scouts drool over in the mid rounds.
I think he ends up going late 2nd/3rd round. Big, good skating, skilled, and physical is a combo that indeed makes scouts drool over

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Right around the 100 range seems appropriate. He was just outside of my top three rounds. Not enough upside to justify the third round, but I did consider him for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad