LW Cameron Johnson - Chicago Steel, USHL (2023 undrafted)

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Harvard commit who is off to a hot start in the BCHL. Genuinely tiny at 5'7, 125, but has tons of skill and obviously...lots of room to grow. Led his league in scoring last year. So far seems to have a pretty well balanced skillset with extremely soft hands, and an eye for both scoring and setting up plays.

Will be an interesting one to follow for the next couple seasons.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Just saw this.

Great kid, and the Mutants was a great program that his dad ran. Iirc we had to put Kai on d quite a bit, and I really think that experience at the Initiation ages helped with his creativity and vision on the ice.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't get drafted. He's the type of player that probably needed better point totals to get drafted. Maybe should've been drafted, but that's the way it is for smaller players.

Had 25 points in 62 games. Not great, but he played for Chicago, so he wasn't playing in too big of a role. Could've scored a lot more for a team with worse depth. Headed to Harvard for next season.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

He’s skilled with good sense, but he’s incredibly small. He must be about 150 pounds. Possible he’s not even that. Can make some very nice passes also. He’s definitely more of a playmaker than shooter. He plays center right now and while his motor is good for his size, he’s simply too small to be a center. His skating also needs some work for a 5’8/5’9 forward, although I wouldn’t say it’s bad. I could see him being a mid round pick, but if he’s instead a late round pick, it’s size/skating reasons.

Reactions: covfefe and Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad