C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Think he deserves a thread as he was the 1st pick in last years WHL draft and was easily the best forward on Kootenay the game I saw him in. He's part of a pretty impressive group of young talent out west for the 19 draft and is the main piece for Kootenay in their rebuild. Has good size for his age at 5'11 163 and 2 assists in the 3 games he's played so far.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=322178

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Think he deserves a thread as he was the 1st pick in last years WHL draft and was easily the best forward on Kootenay the game I saw him in. He's part of a pretty impressive group of young talent out west for the 19 draft and is the main piece for Kootenay in their rebuild. Has good size for his age at 5'11 163 and 2 assists in the 3 games he's played so far.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=322178

Kid is a great prospect but that Kootenay team is bad. Hoping whomever drafts Kostin can convince him to come over if the Ice trade his rights to a good team. Which should give Cranbrook some good pieces to work with to help Krebs out. They are likely to pick high in the Bantam draft again so hopefully they can snag a good C to play with Krebs. And maybe a decent import that will actually sign to help out on defence or a good forward. They have a small shot at being a good team to help Krebs out if they draft well.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
How does Krebs compare to other top 2001-born prospects in other leagues such as Lafreniere, Parent, Poulin, and Hughes?

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
I went to high school with his brother Dakota this past year (that whole family is really talented). From everything I've heard, he's insanely good (all my AAA friends had no problem admitting he's already better than them).

That's all I got on him. Never got the chance to watch him play.

Reactions: HighOFFHockey

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The Ice have been hit by the injury bug and recalled Krebs for tonights game. He was playing C and had a pretty good game I'd say. Got his 1st WHL goal and added 3 helpers on his way to the 1st star in a 6-3 W. Now it was only against PA but scary to think how dominant he could be once he fills out.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Pretty crazy , could probably have gotten exceptional status . Of course though I check his birthday and he is January born as I expected.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Ice have been hit by the injury bug and recalled Krebs for tonights game. He was playing C and had a pretty good game I'd say. Got his 1st WHL goal and added 3 helpers on his way to the 1st star in a 6-3 W. Now it was only against PA but scary to think how dominant he could be once he fills out.

Kid is a real talent. 2019 looks promising for Western Canada. Now has 6 points in 4 games. This was by far his most dominating game so far a friend of mine told me he's looked great on the Bisons.

RedWingsAllTheWay

Aug 25, 2016
Byron Center
Kid is a real talent. 2019 looks promising for Western Canada. Now has 6 points in 4 games. This was by far his most dominating game so far a friend of mine told me he's looked great on the Bisons.

Watching the game now. Only half way through the first and he has looked amazing. Hard to believe hes still 15 since he has been the Ice's best player so far this game. If he keeps it up he is a going to be a first rounder.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Watching the game now. Only half way through the first and he has looked amazing. Hard to believe hes still 15 since he has been the Ice's best player so far this game. If he keeps it up he is a going to be a first rounder.

I personally think he will be without a doubt.
This 2019 Class for the WHL may be the best in a long time.
Some are already committed to the W and a few may go the college route but you got..

Krebs on the Ice
Dach on the Blades
Barlage on the Broncos
Cozen on the Canes
Williams on the Tigers
Foote & Korczak with the Rockets
Mutala with the Americans
Rizzo with the Blazers
Browne with the Silvertips
Morrisseau with the Cheifs
Robertson and Keeler with the Oil Kings

for Goalies we got Gautheir with the Cougars and Bilous with the Oil Kings.

Very exciting class for us to watch over the next few seasons in the WHL.

RedWingsAllTheWay

Aug 25, 2016
Byron Center
Some are already committed to the W and a few may go the college route but you got..

Krebs on the Ice
Dach on the Blades
Barlage on the Broncos
Cozen on the Canes
Williams on the Tigers
Rizzo with the Blazers

It really is a great class out west. Has Miner not done well this year? I thought he was supposed to be the second best goalie of last years draft.
Anyways heres his highlights from the game:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah I think the 2019 class from the WHL is going to be extremely strong. Think it will kind of go up down up down after a weak year in 2016, strong in 2017, weakish in 2018(there are a couple promising guys+potential imports though) and although far out looking like a very good 2019 class.

For your list I think Nolan Maier will be a good one as well for the Blades

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Schneider and McCartney for the Wheatkings look super promising as well.

Krebs is outstanding. He is probably one guy I have seen that should be playing in the WHL as a 15 year old. The other guy was Patrick.

If he he can grow a little bit I see him being a top 5 guy in the draft

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Schneider and McCartney for the Wheatkings look super promising as well.

Krebs is outstanding. He is probably one guy I have seen that should be playing in the WHL as a 15 year old. The other guy was Patrick.

If he he can grow a little bit I see him being a top 5 guy in the draft

McCartney looked really good in his 2 game stint early this month.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!

Krebs on the Ice
Dach on the Blades
Barlage on the Broncos
Cozen on the Canes
Williams on the Tigers
Rizzo with the Blazers

You are missing Byram who is fantastic as well.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Incredible player. Watched him a bunch in bantam and at the macs this year, always leaves me walking away impressed.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Big night for Krebs in a losing effort. Had 1G+3A while playing center which it seems is the plan going forward for him. He's already a consistent threat when he's on the ice which is a very good sign for the things to come

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Big night for Krebs in a losing effort. Had 1G+3A while playing center which it seems is the plan going forward for him. He's already a consistent threat when he's on the ice which is a very good sign for the things to come

If Krebs is full time C the Dub will have 4 top C's for 2019, as Barlage is playing center as well. And Dach and Cozens are looking really good. 2019 will be stacked with C's.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
If Krebs is full time C the Dub will have 4 top C's for 2019, as Barlage is playing center as well. And Dach and Cozens are looking really good. 2019 will be stacked with C's.
That's gonna be really exciting to pay attention to. I know this year's draft is supposed to be above average, but currently, I actually like next year's better. Tons of great players; beyond the four you mentioned, I've been following Hughes, Newhook, Parent, Foote, Poulin, Suzuki, Turcotte, and several others. Pretty neat how a year after having a draft deep with incredible defensemen, we may see a similar situation with forwards. Probably gives certain players, such as Veleno (2018) and Byram (2019) a value-boost, too, as quality at their position is rarer.

Does anybody have any 2019 rankings yet, professional or personal?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
From his recently recreated thread:

I want to pull in a new wave of good prospects, as most of the threads I see at the top are prospects that are not even junior prospects anymore.
Peyton Krebs was the number one pick in the 2016 whl draft (so he might already have a thread about 50 pages downwards on the thread boards.), and he is showing that he is worthy of that number 1 pick in his first full year in the whl. 5 goals, 20 points in 21 GP. He is also 5 foot 11 at 16 so he probably won't have a size problem when making the next step.
I honestly think this guy is a first round pick in 2019, what do you guys think?
Peyton Krebs

Definitely looking like a 1st rounder at this point. The bigger thing will be whether he looks like a center long term. Has been playing C with the ICE for awhile now.

“Looks like a first rounder.” How can people be talking about him so blandly? The kid is insanely talented, easily the top talent in the strongest WHL crop in a while. Has as good a shot as anyone at this point at a top-2 selection along with Jack Hughes and IMO has a real chance at being the first player taken next year. What gives?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->