LW/C Maxim Marushev - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2020, 215th, VGK released)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Maxim Marushev is a very interesting case for many reasons. One is that he is the oldest player drafted under the current draft eligibility rules (21 years 9 months and 7 days old at the moment of the draft), another is that he has a twin-brother currently playing in Kazakhstan. Obviously we are interested in some more hockey-related reasons and here Marushev also looks pretty interesting, as he was just tearing up the VHL last season, which, unusually for NHL organizations, clearly caught the attention of the Vegas Golden Knights.

Reactions: CupInSIX

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Has been in the VHL for nearly 4 years and has regressed this season. Doesn't seem like a promising prospect

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Has been in the VHL for nearly 4 years and has regressed this season. Doesn't seem like a promising prospect

I think here you're kind of looking at numbers without the context. Particularly I see as his issue this season that he missed all the summer (no idea if it was injury or covid), so didn't have a proper offseason.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I respect the dedication to updating this thread. Would be nice if this guy could put it all together and be solid for Vegas. As a 7th rounder I'm not gonna hold my breath but it would be a cool story.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I respect the dedication to updating this thread. Would be nice if this guy could put it all together and be solid for Vegas. As a 7th rounder I'm not gonna hold my breath but it would be a cool story.
At this point he'd be lucky to make any KHL team. But that's not unusual for that kind of talent.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Looks like the Russian division is doing well for the Silver Knights. Top three scorers are from Russia. Is Marushev playing with Dorofyev?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Looks like the Russian division is doing well for the Silver Knights. Top three scorers are from Russia. Is Marushev playing with Dorofyev?

Yeah they're usually on a line together. Curtis Leschyshyn's son has been centering them back to last year so he must be picking up some Russian. :sarcasm:

It's good to see Marushev string together some points over his last 10 games. He's starting to feel more comfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad