LW/C Kieffer Bellows - Boston University, NCAA (2016, 19th, NYI)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m convinced Bellows could take Nelson’s spot on the islanders next year if he has a big summer and training camp.

He’d be the isles best shooter from the left side on the PP if he was on the team right now.

If he has to start the year in the AHL it won’t be he worst thing. With Lee the #1 LW And Bellows rising Dal Colle needs to step up or he may become expendable.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
They might be grown men but the talent pool is thinner and they play weekend hockey.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Bellows was lethal in his return to Portland last night after WJC. Looked awesome and finished with a couple goals.

Hes gonna be a beauty

Portland has a real entertaining team to watch... 1st round NHL picks Bellows, Glass, Cholowski and Jokiharju all on same team and many other impressive players

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Combined with his great release and accuracy he also seems to have a great idea when to pull the trigger. That goal was a great example. Evan though he was far away and close to the blue line he saw the defenders created and screen and he rifled it top shelf. His shot his quick and accurate enough that the goalie has a hard time reacting to it and it becomes even more difficult with the screens.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Real nice shot for his 20th

Wow. Bellows could have shot that puck 5 times before Brock Nelson could get off 1 wrist shot.

I'm quite excited to see what Bellows can do with a Pass happy Barzal or Ho-Sang.

Reactions: SI90

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Wow. Bellows could have shot that puck 5 times before Brock Nelson could get off 1 wrist shot.

I'm quite excited to see what Bellows can do with a Pass happy Barzal or Ho-Sang.

Yup.. Him and Barzal could potentially turn into a major dynamic duo. Scary thinking of Barzal setting him up on the PP for many years

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not getting too much ahead of ourselves here, but Bellows seems to be the natural fit with Barzal and Eberle in the near future. His puck retrieval skills and finishing ability will compliment Barzal's playmaking, and already proven chemistry with Eberle. He's an exciting prospect to keep tabs on.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So many uber-hyped young forwards at the moment, drafted and to be drafted,
but there's one who gets zero love around here, i'm talking about Kieffer Bellows.

He is playing in his first (mostly likely his only) WHL/CHL season for Portland Winterhawks,
his monster of a season has been overlooked by many.

Led the WJC in goals, by scoring 9 goals and braking team USA record,USA won bronze.

Has 38 goals and almost 70 points this season in only 49 games, from his 38 goals
30 has come 5 on 5, has 251 shots on goal, his .78 goals per game avg
ranks him 4th in the WHL.

Kieffer was drafted by the Islanders, 19th overall. Its safe to say Isles going to have
a serious look what he can do next season, i think he fits perfectly with Barzal,
Barzal (playmaker) + Bellows (sniper) = great 2nd line punch combo if you ask me
and if Anthony Beauvillier isn't a one hit wonder,...then great 2nd line for them.

I predict great things for him in the NHL, probably not going to shine as bright
as his father did in the NHL, but something special nevertheless.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Compare him to player " B" , in the OHL.

- same age.
- same size, more or less.

58 GP , 43 g, 38 a,

Was traded from an awful team to a good one in season. His numbers since joining the new team;

23gp, 23 g, 20 a.

Who would you rather have?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
As a fan of a team that had a player underwhelm at the NCAA level before jumping to the CHL and dominate, I'd recommend cautious optimism.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
He's come in here to Portland and had immediate chemistry with Glass, it's been fun to watch. He's definitely a complimentary piece though, as he is only noticeable on the ice when releasing a shot. He's a top 6 or bust kind of guy who's production will highly depend on who is centering him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he still has a lot to work on, but he should most definitely be in the pros next year- he should have been playing for team USA at the Olympics as well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->