LW/C Jonathan Dahlen (2016, 42nd, OTT; traded to VAN; traded to SJS)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Most impressive is that he was able to dominate again this year but this time without Elias pettersson

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013

I still don't understand how the Sens gave this guy up for Burrows. He's such a gamebreaker !

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm

I still don't understand how the Sens gave this guy up for Burrows. He's such a gamebreaker !

His overall game is a notch beneath Pettersson, but I wouldnt be surprised if Dahlen outscores (goals) Pettersson the first few seasons when they both cross the pond. Quicker release. EP often gets a few seconds to aim and shot in the SHL and will have to be ready for less time to do just that in the NHL. Nucks fans just have to be patient - remember the Sedins and their first few seasons

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Disagree with your insight on the Kesler trade. Benning (and probably ownership) wanted to remain competitive and needed to get back a player to fill the #2 centre spot, so they targeted Bonino. This was a move that wasn't good for a rebuilding team, but was short-sighted as a desperation move to make the playoffs. Had they not requested Bonino, they could have gotten a better pick or asset than 24th overall.

Just because we got a 2nd for Garrison doesn't mean the trade was Garrison for Vey. It was a 2nd round pick for Vey. It was a bad trade, no way around it.

As for Kassian for Prust - then why not waive Kassian? Why give up a 5th and take on a useless player with a higher cap hit? It's poor asset management.

So absolutely and completely wrong, we have heard over and over that they refused to give up the 10th OA, I have no idea why you are making up a narrative here to suit your argument.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
So absolutely and completely wrong, we have heard over and over that they refused to give up the 10th OA, I have no idea why you are making up a narrative here to suit your argument.

I did not specifically state that they could have received 10th OA - you made that inference on your own.
Just off the top of my head (and keep in mind this was in 2014), the Canucks might have been able to receive Rakell or Theodore, or taken a gamble on a prospect like Manson. Never mind the fact that they probably could have gotten 24th overall as well as one of the aforementioned names if they did not target Bonino. But hey, at least we got Sutter out of it right?

Reactions: Catbug

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
LOL it's the same bad argument people used for Nylander 3 years ago.

Yes and before that it was the same argument about Forsberg the elder. Joking aside. One thing you do not need to learn when coming from SEL is to play with grown men. What you lack is playing with people who are at the same tier as you (the up and coming skilled young player). In the AHL there are young players with a higher ceiling than in the SEL, players aspiring for the NHL. One could make a point about that being a reason for playing in the AHL (CHL is really, r e a l l y, not good management of an asset). Playing against players who are grown and can out-muscle you? No, just no, he do not need that.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
finished 2nd in scoring (points) in his league. Will reinforce Utica Comets sometime this week.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I really like how he turns his game up to another level in playoffs What he did to bring timra to SHL was amazing.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Anyone else get David Pastrnak vibes?

Stylistically, maybe. But at the same age Dahlen was this season, Pastrnak put up 70 points in 80 games in the NHL. Actually, looking at Pasta's numbers, his development has been insane. From a 0.67 PPG in Allsvenskan in his draft year to a 1.00 PPG in the NHL four years later.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Stylistically, maybe. But at the same age Dahlen was this season, Pastrnak put up 70 points in 80 games in the NHL. Actually, looking at Pasta's numbers, his development has been insane. From a 0.67 PPG in Allsvenskan in his draft year to a 1.00 PPG in the NHL four years later.

Pastrnak also played with Bergeron and Marchand though, that certainly boosted his production. But yeah, potential wise Pastrnak is probably a lofty comparison.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Pastrnak also played with Bergeron and Marchand though, that certainly boosted his production. But yeah, potential wise Pastrnak is probably a lofty comparison.

Probably not very much, other than he got more ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->