LW Brayden Tracey - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2019, 29th, ANA)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Been the most impressive forward for me thus far at the U 18's on Canada. He has slick hands and makes no mistake when he has a chance, quick release and a high hockey IQ. I hope the sens can get him

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I feel like if he was a Swedish player they would be talking top 15 for him - but as a Canadian, he is "undersized". He's one who was sneaking under-the-radar but his performances will make teams think twice about passing on him. I always thought he was a first rounder.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I've had him top 40 since January. Kid just keeps shooting up the rankings. Though I have Warriors season tickets so I've been a bit more exposed to just how good he is. Nice to see everyone else finally starting to realize it.

Reactions: Dominance

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Bobby Mac and Craig Button slept on this guy all season. Button finally seeing his ability first hand now though.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
If he can gain 20 pounds by the time he’s in his early 20’s he won’t be as some are calling now “undersized” 6’0 197 would be a very solid build

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
It always got to me why he wasn’t talked about more.

He produces at every level, and I have a hard time believing he won’t at the NHL level. I do think he lacks top end upside though, but he should top out as a very solid second line scorer.

If I had to compare him to someone, he really does remind me a lot of former NHL player Cory Stillman

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim scouting staff did their homework.
I thought we would go with lavoie/kaliyev/brink at that pick but the fact that we didn't means we prob had Tracey fairly high on our teams board... ive learned to trust Madden(and team) ... hes very good at his job

I see him being a potential star for the Ducks.

I didn't know much about him going into draft, but after I read up and watched a bit I liked the pick.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I thought we would go with lavoie/kaliyev/brink at that pick but the fact that we didn't means we prob had Tracey fairly high on our teams board... ive learned to trust Madden(and team) ... hes very good at his job

I didn't know much about him going into draft, but after I read up and watched a bit I liked the pick.

He's going to be one of those under-the-radar stars.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The more I read and see the more I like.

Oct 18, 2011
when I watched him in rookie camp the two things that stood out to me is the puck follows him, and he goes to the right scoring areas at the right time, looking forward to seeing more

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Can someone tell me how he's looked so far this season?

He's looked really solid. Picking up where he left off last year and just dictating play when he's on the ice. Really wish we could keep him for another season after this but with the way he's been playing I think he turns pro next year.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He's looked really solid. Picking up where he left off last year and just dictating play when he's on the ice. Really wish we could keep him for another season after this but with the way he's been playing I think he turns pro next year.
I strongly doubt it.
We have a lot of young F`s in front of him. With the pace he`s keeping (2 PPG currently) it makes it seems that at least now maybe he could be better off in the AHL next year but he isn`t eligible.
So he pretty surely has 2 (including this) season and 2 WJC`s ahead of him. Albeit not sure he`ll play in the upcoming WJC`s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad