LW Artem Manukyan - Admiral Vladivostok, KHL (2018, 186th, VAN)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
A tiny winger (5'7, 139 lb), but his MHL statistics is very inpressive: leads the whole league in scoring with 23+37 after 34 games as 18 yo. I mean, the best Kucherov's season was 58 points in 41 games. Gusev had 59 points in 38 games at the same age.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Didnt even get invited to any of the U20 pre-tournaments? Something not to like about him from Bragin's perspective?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Not him, but there is another Russian player from that age group with an Armenian last name that I think is a sleeper, Andrei Altybarmakyan.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
A tiny winger (5'7, 139 lb), but his MHL statistics is very inpressive: leads the whole league in scoring with 23+37 after 34 games as 18 yo. I mean, the best Kucherov's season was 58 points in 41 games. Gusev had 59 points in 38 games at the same age.

It is not correct to compare his points with Kucherov's and Gusev's, because too much more top u20 players are in CHL and VHL nowadays, and four years ago average age was higher.

Reactions: Huntcliff

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It is not correct to compare his points with Kucherov's and Gusev's, because too much more top u20 players are in CHL and VHL nowadays, and four years ago average age was higher.

Rubtsov is the same age and an NHL 1st rounder, his stats is 7+8 in 15 games.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Didnt even get invited to any of the U20 pre-tournaments? Something not to like about him from Bragin's perspective?

Whats not to like? He's 139lbs. There's small, then there's dangerously small. The kid would get beaten to a pulp against physical teams on small ice.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Whats not to like? He's 139lbs. There's small, then there's dangerously small. The kid would get beaten to a pulp against physical teams on small ice.

Denis Parshin was on Team Russia in 2004.

He was no bigger than 5'9, 140 lbs.

Bragin was an assistant on that team.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Tkachev played in the CHL just ok, but Bragin never invited him to his teams.

Because Bragin was blind on this one, Tkachev scored one one the nicest goals Ive ever seen in the super series right under Bragin's nose. He was a leader in NHL exhibition season scoring that year, he was obviously an exceptional player at the junior level.

He chose Tolchinsky instead who is another pea sized player. Then there is also Polunin. I dont know where people get this Bragin doesnt like small guys thing because its bull. He always has one or to short guys on the team as long as they are really good.

I want to see this kid play, if there highlights available please post.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
6-5 victory over Yugra Mammoths, and 5 points (2+3) for Artem. 65 points in 35 games. Of course, he won't beat Gusev's record 76 points in 34 games, but Gusev was almost 20 back to then.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
79 points after 42 games. Isn't it a new scoring record for the MHL? The best Gusev had was 76 points in 34 games. And Gusev was a whole 1 year older.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I want to see this guy in some tournaments. Manukyan is small but maybe he will do well against tight-checking teams. He is quick and slippery.

Altybarmakyan is another interesting, smallish 98-born MHLer.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
7th round pick, I'm calling it.

It's just too tempting not to take a chance and he is just way too unlikely to make it to be picked earlier.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
There are not many success stories between the historic MHL superscorers from past seasons so we need to be very cautious about his impressive numbers. If he is playing in front of two '96 born defenceman against teams like Altay, his stats might be very misleading in regards of his actual abilities.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
There are not many success stories between the historic MHL superscorers from past seasons so we need to be very cautious about his impressive numbers. If he is playing in front of two '96 born defenceman against teams like Altay, his stats might be very misleading in regards of his actual abilities.

Just like CHL stats. That's not exactly news. He is very small, even for his age. We will have to wait and see how he progresses. My bet is on him being a future KHLer. Doubt he can cut it on the small rink. That's not a negative though. If he can be a skilled fast winger in the KHL - more power to him.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Just like CHL stats. That's not exactly news. He is very small, even for his age. We will have to wait and see how he progresses. My bet is on him being a future KHLer. Doubt he can cut it on the small rink. That's not a negative though. If he can be a skilled fast winger in the KHL - more power to him.

Yeah, I agree. But I don't think he will be an impact player for a powerhouse like Avangard. But he can become a good top six player on middle of the pack team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad