LW Anton Slepyshev - Metallurg Novokuznetsk, KHL (2012 Draft)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Throw him on your radar for first round pick.

Currently sits 2nd on Novokuznetsk in scoring as a 17 year old. I know of no other current 17 year olds in the KHL at this point. There was Prohorkin but I think he was shipped down. Anyhow its a pretty big deal that he's even on a KHL roster let alone scoring. He plays on a line with Kitsyn and Fisenko (played for the Hitmen last year). Was also 1st overall pick at the KHL draft. Will have an outside shot to play at the WJC. Lets start over hyping the guy :yo:

pouskin74*

Currently sits 2nd on Novokuznetsk in scoring as a 17 year old. I know of no other current 17 year olds in the KHL at this point. There was Prohorkin but I think he was shipped down. Anyhow its a pretty big deal that he's even on a KHL roster let alone scoring. He plays on a line with Kitsyn and Fisenko (played for the Hitmen last year). Was also 1st overall pick at the KHL draft. Will have an outside shot to play at the WJC. Lets start over hyping the guy :yo:

he injured his wrist in fight.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Prokhorkin vroke his finger in a small fight. And I actually think he is more talented than Slepyshev.

Slepyshev is a good player with nice shot and a nose for the net, but he has ridiculous shooting percentage right now. Scored like 3 goals from 6 shots. It will not continue this way. He is also a big and mature guy, even looks and talks like he's 22 y.o.

Fulcrum

He had a mediocre U-18 last year. Still not bad for an underager and questionable linemates.

I think it's too early to get excited. I remember when Kitsyn scored 4 goals in like 3 games at the age of 16 in the KHL. But that was pretty much it for him that year.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I think that line is good. Fisenko has great hands and moves and Kitsyn is a big solid skilled guy. They are fun to watch.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Prokhorkin fight :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpvIARxgB0k

btw. I dont like world like "good prospects, he should play nhl" Why? Is NHL a god? If I know, it is not.

because generally elite athletes are very competitive, they want to challenge themselves against the best in the world. would usain bolt not want to race the best? i doubt he would be content beating anyone who didnt make a final. would barca be content only playing lower ranked teams and not in champions league? unless your saying the nhl isnt the best hockey league in the world, if thats the case i cant help u your out to lunch

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I want this kid on the Isles....Hes going to be a BEAST if he ever comes to NA.....

If he is there in the later rounds 4th and up.....GRAB him...

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I want this kid on the Isles....Hes going to be a BEAST if he ever comes to NA.....

If he is there in the later rounds 4th and up.....GRAB him...

i think teams would use their 2nd to acquire him imho

kid looks exactly like Semin the way he plays (which is a good thing, Semin is dominant when he wants to)

would look nice alongside Kabanov if the isles draft him; but i would bite my lip if he doesnt go within the first 3 rounds, and that's stretching it imo

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Looks decent, good shot, good hands and a decent forehand. Early 2nd round I reckon.

Could the Isles put him with Kabanov?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Looks decent, good shot, good hands and a decent forehand. Early 2nd round I reckon.

Could the Isles put him with Kabanov?

i would think so, as long as there is a defensive/physical C between the two (Brock Nelson?)

Slepy is a right handed LW, while Kabs is a left handed RW

Kabanov is more of a highskilled player who can make some nifty plays, while Slepy has a laser of a shot and will score many off of those passes/plays

Slepyshev-Nelson-Kabanov could potentially be a VERY solid line if all goes well

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
i would think so, as long as there is a defensive/physical C between the two (Brock Nelson?)

Slepy is a right handed LW, while Kabs is a left handed RW

Kabanov is more of a highskilled player who can make some nifty plays, while Slepy has a laser of a shot and will score many off of those passes/plays

Slepyshev-Nelson-Kabanov could potentially be a VERY solid line if all goes well

my pants just got tight....

Or Slepy-Nelson-Petrov...

Korolyuk15

Jan 19, 2012
London
Hey, just wondering if there is any updates on this kid from the more knowledgeable russian folks here?

I have a feeling he will drop down the rankings, could be a steal in the 2nd..although from what I understand he has not expressed one way or the other if he has interest in playing in the NHL?

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Slepyshev is a player who I enjoyed watching both in the KHL and in the U18 tournament. Very good skater who can score goals and has the offensive skills to go with it. If he drops to the second round, I would love to see Panthers drafting him with their pick (53rd overall). Although I don´t think he will drop that far...

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630527

Vasilevski, Prokhorkin, Osnovin are the only 3 Russians who did not play in the CHL this year who were invited.

Thankyou. It is certainly interesting that Prokhorkin was invited, but Slepyshev was not.

3 Russians is a staggeringly low number. Of course whilst it probably isn't a realistic guage of the actual talent within Russia for this age group, it is probably an accurate measure of how many will be drafted from Russia. I can't imagine Slepyshev not being taken and it's still possible a few teams like him very much and may take him relatively early (2nd round and onwards), but i guess the reverse is also possible.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Does he have the potential to be the best Russian taken in this draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad