LW Anderson MacDonald - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018 undrafted)

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
I live in Sherbrooke. I was planning to make a thread about him,but you beat me to the punch. Sherbrooke made a spectacular trade to get him.

He's already physically bigger than everyone on the team. We're supposed to be bad this year. Hopefully it won't hinder is development.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I live in Sherbrooke. I was planning to make a thread about him,but you beat me to the punch. Sherbrooke made a spectacular trade to get him.

He's already physically bigger than everyone on the team. We're supposed to be bad this year. Hopefully it won't hinder is development.

You can see it the other way, he'll have plenty of ice time to develop.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Probably just you.

MacDonald is a good player but to compare the two at this stage is laughable

Wouldn't surprise me. It seems like every time I see Veleno, people tell me it was an off-night.

Same thing happened with Nathan MacKinnon for a while for me but I wanted to believe it him lol

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Wouldn't surprise me. It seems like every time I see Veleno, people tell me it was an off-night.

Same thing happened with Nathan MacKinnon for a while for me but I wanted to believe it him lol

The thing is, people who expect to see Veleno dominate right now are going to be disappointed. He is still 16 and should be only 4 games into his junior career had he not been given status.

Anderson MacDonald was pretty disappointing to me each time I saw him in Midget honestly, but you could see the flashes of skill combined with that size. Still far too early to compare him to Comtois IMO he is not on that level but we will see.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
The thing is, people who expect to see Veleno dominate right now are going to be disappointed. He is still 16 and should be only 4 games into his junior career had he not been given status.

Anderson MacDonald was pretty disappointing to me each time I saw him in Midget honestly, but you could see the flashes of skill combined with that size. Still far too early to compare him to Comtois IMO he is not on that level but we will see.

I have pretty meh expectations of Veleno every time I watch him and he still manages to disappoint. I guess I've just never understood the hype there.

Anderson MacDonald was definitely hit & miss in midget. He often looked bored/disinterested but then would have flashes of brilliance that got us excited. He had all the makings of another Ben Duffy, Steven Anthony, Luc Deschenes, etc. but it's up to him if he wants to follow the Sean Couturier, Nathan Mackinnon route instead.

JA

8 goals, 2 assists in 8 games so far this season with Sherbrooke of the QMJHL.

Here are six of his goals; he wears #91:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Another hat trick for Andy Mac tonight.

18 goals, 6 assists, in 26 games

In the first post I said the next Comtois but he's actually outscoring Comtois.

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
Another hat trick tonight. He had 4 , but his other goal was disallowed. At this point, I am confident when I say that he is the best forward in the Phoenix's history (not that he has much competition).

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
If he continues at a decent pace he'll hit 40 and maybe even 50 goals as a 16/17 year old. That is pretty stellar for a New Brunswick kid. I don't think the Q has had this kind of goal scorer at this age in a while

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
this kid easily , so far, running away with best 2016 Q draft choice by far. Especially on an average team ,bottom third team and is able to put up numbers like this. No other 2016 comes close in imo when you consider the talent or lack thereof on the team to support
should be considered for top 5-6 in 2018 draft in this keeps up.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
this kid easily , so far, running away with best 2016 Q draft choice by far. Especially on an average team ,bottom third team and is able to put up numbers like this. No other 2016 comes close in imo when you consider the talent or lack thereof on the team to support

I still think Groulx is a better all around player. Kid has some goalscoring talent there is no doubt about that.

J Campion

Dec 5, 2016

I still think Groulx is a better all around player. Kid has some goalscoring talent there is no doubt about that.

I agree that Groulx looks to have better potential. As far as McDonald goes, he definitely looks like a 1st rounder, but the 2018 NHL draft is looking quite good, so I wouldn't say he is a top-5 pick just yet.

Jared McIsaac and Joe Veleno complete a pretty impressive top-4 from the QMJHL for that draft.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I agree that Groulx looks to have better potential. As far as McDonald goes, he definitely looks like a 1st rounder, but the 2018 NHL draft is looking quite good, so I wouldn't say he is a top-5 pick just yet.

Jared McIsaac and Joe Veleno complete a pretty impressive top-4 from the QMJHL for that draft.

Yup. Then you have to factor in Dahlin, Svechnikov, Merkley, McLeod and the Americans. Far to early to say anything with certainty.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
yes ^

but tell me whom ther are playin with on the line and power play for the others and i will tell you how they really compare

one plays pp with top 2 players (points in the Q)

the other with 12 NHL draft picks

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
yes ^

but tell me whom ther are playin with on the line and power play for the others and i will tell you how they really compare

one plays pp with top 2 players (points in the Q)

the other with 12 NHL draft picks

Groulx actually plays on the second PP unit with Kennedy, Somppi, Bishop, and Jones.

5 on 5 he plays with a mix of Goetz, Kennedy, and Durandeau.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Groulx actually plays on the second PP unit with Kennedy, Somppi, Bishop, and Jones.

5 on 5 he plays with a mix of Goetz, Kennedy, and Durandeau.

try that again....

a good base of his points to date come from plays with fortier and Nico..followed by sompi

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I agree with Patmac. That's what I see at the games. A lot of times Fortier Hishier and Sommpi stay out for a shift and a half. Probably where you are seeing the points. With a full line up I think that Groulx is on the third line

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I also see a more complete game from Groulx. He's really turned it on since being promoted in Nico's absence. AMac is a great scorer though but Groulx just does everything else better.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
try that again....

a good base of his points to date come from plays with fortier and Nico..followed by sompi

Also not true. Of his 22 points so far, only 4 have included Nico or Max, and if you include Somppi it's 5 instead of 4. He's been creating a lot on his own or with guys who aren't big offensive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad