LW Alexander Suzdalev - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2022, 70th, WSH)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Pretty dissappointing start to his season. Tools are there but his perimeter play is just highly ineffective. Difficult thing to improve.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Pretty dissappointing start to his season. Tools are there but his perimeter play is just highly ineffective. Difficult thing to improve.

Had a pretty bad case of covid-19 a couple of weeks ago (thus no Ivan Hlinka). Might have affected his play a bit as well

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Has definitely picked things up and is now over ppg in J20 this year, hope he keeps it up

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I wonder what will happen this upcoming season. He is not good enough to take a SHL spot yet. Loan to Allsvenskan?

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
The implication in the below article from 6 days ago is that he might be going straight to the AHL.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Regina took two players in this past CHL Import Draft so I don't believe they still own his CHL rights.

Never say never but I'd be surprised if he jumps straight to the AHL. While they'd have more control it would be a bit of a departure for Hershey to accelerate such a young player. Vecchione & Borgstrom will play LW I'd wager, with Lapierre more likely at center. Unless the Bears lose a player or two on waivers/trade they should be fine. Perhaps he's banged up or is just training prior to Washington's camp?

If he shows well there they could assign him to the AHL. But I wouldn't read too much into them having already signed him. Persson was also signed and seems likely to stay in Sweden. Both should probably stay the next couple years barring unfavorable usage situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random schmoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad