LW Alexander Holtz - (2020, 7th, NJD)

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Ok what do we want to se from this kid this season?
I belive we must se the same but against tougher competition.

What must he do to get high up in the 2020 draft?

This season get a lot of points in superelite. Above 1ppg.

If he beats the alien EP in his first full SHL season , he might get quite high on the 2020 draft.

Exiting player to follow.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Ok what do we want to se from this kid this season?
I belive we must se the same but against tougher competition.

What must he do to get high up in the 2020 draft?

This season get a lot of points in superelite. Above 1ppg.

If he beats the alien EP in his first full SHL season , he might get quite high on the 2020 draft.

Exiting player to follow.

Are you saying he might get drafted early if he is the top scorer in the SHL?

Reactions: felixpettersson

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Are you saying he might get drafted early if he is the top scorer in the SHL?
Yeah.. it looks like he wont get almost any time in SHL before the draft so that might be hard.

Wondering what he has to do to get taken as high as possible in the draft.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Yeah.. it looks like he wont get almost any time in SHL before the draft so that might be hard.

It is 2 years until the draft. What are you talking about

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013

Are you just typing random stuff in here? There is two years until the kid is drafted, for all we know he could get 50 SHL games.
And if he somehow led the SHL in scoring in his draft year as a 17 year old he would be slam dunk first overall pick and a generational talent. The chance of that happening is kind of slim to say the least.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Are you just typing random stuff in here? There is two years until the kid is drafted, for all we know he could get 50 SHL games.
And if he somehow led the SHL in scoring in his draft year as a 17 year old he would be slam dunk first overall pick and a generational talent. The chance of that happening is kind of slim to say the least.

Is it so rare here? Random stuff typed?
It is obvious people cant read minds here. Im a little disappointed i have to say. I love hockey, but dates when what happens ,i have no clue.
So Yeah im a little confused about the draft dates and seasons left before his draft.

If he will get the chance to make a big impression in SHL. With the right teammates he could win the scoring title i belive. Defenitly the goalscoring title. But after the draft then not as a 17 year old.

But even if he did win the scoring title as a 17 year old i dont think he would get first place in the draft. People would realy question the strenght of SHL if that happend.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Is it so rare here? Random stuff typed?
It is obvious people cant read minds here. Im a little disappointed i have to say. I love hockey, but dates when what happens ,i have no clue.
So Yeah im a little confused about the draft dates and seasons left before his draft.

If he will get the chance to make a big impression in SHL. With the right teammates he could win the scoring title i belive. Defenitly the goalscoring title. But after the draft then not as a 17 year old.

But even if he did win the scoring title as a 17 year old i dont think he would get first place in the draft. People would realy question the strenght of SHL if that happend.
Winning the scoring title in the SHL as a rookie, or being close to it, was unheard of before Elias did it this year. And he did it after his draft year. There is a lot of talent from the SHL that goes on to become stars in the NHL and if Holtz managed to win the title at 17 years of age people would marvel at his talent, not try to put down the league that spits out elite level players on a yearly basis.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Winning the scoring title in the SHL as a rookie, or being close to it, was unheard of before Elias did it this year. And he did it after his draft year. There is a lot of talent from the SHL that goes on to become stars in the NHL and if Holtz managed to win the title at 17 years of age people would marvel at his talent, not try to put down the league that spits out elite level players on a yearly basis.

What EP did was fantastic but people would question it if it happend so close. Holtz will not do it , or even get the chance to do it. But if he did, people would start to think, is he that good or SHL gotten worse . Much depending on how good EP will be in NHL.

I want SHL to be nr 2 in the world. But if you take all the gold out of the chest it will soon be empty. Almost all of our talents goes to US/CAN one or two years too early.

I belive Holtz will do that too. Hell i would... but it would not be best for Swedish hockey(if i did it defenitly would be best for Swedish hockey...)

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
2 years is nothing , he still need to take steps, and wich steps must he take to be taken as high as say nr 2?
What are you even talking about? A lot of things are happening to young kids from age 16-18. EP played in Allsvenskan and went 5 overall, Holtz doesn't need to play in the SHL to go in the top 5.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
2 years is nothing , he still need to take steps, and wich steps must he take to be taken as high as say nr 2?
Uh, play in the u20 league with some time in SHL next season, play the full season in SHL the season after?

I don't understand your conclusion that he wouldn't get any time in SHL before his draft.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Uh, play in the u20 league with some time in SHL next season, play the full season in SHL the season after?

I don't understand your conclusion that he wouldn't get any time in SHL before his draft.
Yeah i was a little ahead(a year) in my head and got the feeling Djurgarden was a little hesitant to let young players up to SHL early, from a previous poster.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
What are you even talking about? A lot of things are happening to young kids from age 16-18. EP played in Allsvenskan and went 5 overall, Holtz doesn't need to play in the SHL to go in the top 5.
Off course he dont have to, but i think it would help. And i think he would do great in SHL during his draftyear.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Pääjärvi played WJC as 15 year old so why cant holtz play as a 16 year old?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Pääjärvi never played as a 15 year old.

He did play in the year Holtz is entering now, though. But that seems unlikely unless he has some luck with injury on Djurgården and impresses in a couple of SHL games before November or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad