LW Alexander Holtz - (2020, 7th, NJD)

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Djurgården won the J18 title and Alexander was awarded best forward of the season in the J18 Elite. Quite an accomplishment, being 2 years younger than most of the competition.
As of right now, he has scored 81 goals (and 130 points) so far this season, if you include the national teams. This in 65 games, where the vast majority is amongst players being a few years older than him. Has a Swedish prospect ever scored this much in a season?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Djurgården won the J18 title and Alexander was awarded best forward of the season in the J18 Elite. Quite an accomplishment, being 2 years younger than most of the competition.
As of right now, he has scored 81 goals (and 130 points) so far this season, if you include the national teams. This in 65 games, where the vast majority is amongst players being a few years older than him. Has a Swedish prospect ever scored this much in a season?

You would have to look in the lower divisions to find someone who has scored at a similar rate. Holtz being able to put up those numbers in the playoffs is a very good sign.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Djurgården is not going to loan a 16 year old to Allsvenskan. I think he plays J20 almost exclusively next season.

While I ofc do not know what Djurgården vill do or what the possible new rules will change. But there is plenty of players that have played in allsvenskan in their D-1 season. It is a good step between J20 and SHL. So it makes sense if he plays in allsvenskan, it is probably where he would develop best. But djurgården have been very conservative with him so far, and have hardly played him in superelit this season despite he has been to good for J18, so it is very possible that they will not.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I think J20 next season will be the final test to see if he's for real or not as a high-end prospect. He's obviously more physically developed than even most J18 players. If he keeps producing at the J20 level against players more his own size he'll have shown he can adapt to a more mature game.

Reactions: TheWhiskeyThief

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
SWE 02 beat SWE 01 in three straight games (!) this weekend (6-0, 2-1, 5-2). Holtz played with the 02 team and scored 7 goals.
Were it best-on-best rosters? (Grewe, Sodestrom etc. on the 01 team) Promising results for the 02 group but brutal ones for the 01.

What would you say about the overall quality of the 01 and 02 age groups?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Were it best-on-best rosters? (Grewe, Sodestrom etc. on the 01 team) Promising results for the 02 group but brutal ones for the 01.

What would you say about the overall quality of the 01 and 02 age groups?

The 01 team was missing Simon Holmström (who I think is their best forward) but all other notable names were there. Lots of hard working players on that team but they lack talent up front, there just isn't anyone who can put the puck in the net. I like 2-3 players on that team but everything else is very meh. Weakest age group since the 95 group, possibly even weaker. Never seen the U18 team get beaten by the U17 team and now it happened three times.

Too early to say how good the 02 age group is but at least the top end looks really good. Holtz and Raymond were unstoppable in these games. There are also some promising smallish defensemen like Johannesson and Andrae worth keeping an eye on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->