LW Alexander Holtz - (2020, 7th, NJD)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The most promising goal scoring prospect to come out of Sweden in a very, very long time. Surprised there isn't a thread. Good size, great hands, excellent instincts in the offensive zone and a really nasty shot. His last season was without any doubt the best U15 season ever by a Swedish player. Holtz is built like a tank and is ahead of his peers in that regard, other players will eventually catch up but there is a ton of talent in this kid.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=344808

17596403_106934736520100_1135808516653580288_n.jpg

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
I haven't had the chance to watch him play yet but his stats are ridiculous but how's his skating?
And is he ready to play in the SHL at the end of the year. Because looking at his stats he sure looks ready.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I haven't had the chance to watch him play yet but his stats are ridiculous but how's his skating?
And is he ready to play in the SHL at the end of the year. Because looking at his stats he sure looks ready.

He could improve his skating but it's not bad or anything. Would be shocked if he played an SHL game this season, Djurgården national team players Grewe and Bjerselius didn't get to play a single J20 game last season despite dominating J18.

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
He could improve his skating but it's not bad or anything. Would be shocked if he played an SHL game this season, Djurgården national team players Grewe and Bjerselius didn't get to play a single J20 game last season despite dominating J18.
Will be exciting watching him play against his peers in TV-Pucken. Oh god that will be entertaining with those numbers, :laugh:

Love when we produce some high quality forwards instead of the usual defenseman. :help:

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Love when we produce some high quality forwards instead of the usual defenseman. :help:

I agree, it's refreshing to see players with the ability and confidence to put the puck in the net. His stuff from J18 Elit/Allsvenskan hasn't been uploaded to Youtube, but there is still plenty of video from tournaments out there. It's against his peers though, so take it for what it is...

Assists @ 3:55 and 15:05, nice shift @ 23:00

Assist @ 3:30, goals @ 26:45, 30:20 and 42:40

NikF

Sep 24, 2006

About his skating, this is a line taken off our profile on him included in our latest release at draftineu.com:
"At his early age he possesses surprising acceleration and speed, to go along with his threatening shot."
If you're looking for more, of the six pages we have on the 2020 draft a full one is about him. In terms of his chances to play in the SHL already in '17/18, he would probably need to round out his game quite a bit along the season for that to happen. Seems unlikely considering where he is now.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011

I think Djurgården are known for being patient with the guys and not rushing them so I think he will play J18, not even J20 this year. Next year J20 and some SHL if he keeps developing.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
3+2 in his first game in J18 Elite this season. 11 SOG. Hopefully Djurgarden let him play J20 SuperElite sooner than later...

Do not really understand why he still play in J18 elit, didnt he show last year that he was to good for J18? He was better than Gunler last season and Gunler has started his season in superelit just fine. My guess it is all about birthyear.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I already contacted a mod about it. There seems to be this problem in other threads too. Missing posts from a couple of days. :(

ijuka

May 14, 2016
17-3 and ONLY 5 points :D
That's always something to consider. If he plays on a completely overpowering team that wins by a massive margin almost regardless of what he does, it's likely that his scoring would regress significantly the next season / team he goes to. That at least has happened to several Finnish players that come to mind for me. His team's goal differential is 47-11.

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
That's always something to consider. If he plays on a completely overpowering team that wins by a massive margin almost regardless of what he does, it's likely that his scoring would regress significantly the next season / team he goes to. That at least has happened to several Finnish players that come to mind for me. His team's goal differential is 47-11.
I mean he scored close to 2 PPG last year in J18 Allsvenskan which is close to best on best against players as old as 3 years older than him. He did all that on a worse team than his current.

Also, it's the same team and tournament and past players like Landeskog, Wennberg have played in.

So in short that's nothing to care about at all.

Reactions: rickardr

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
I wouldn't worry too much about what some random Finns say in attempts to make him look like a worse prospect than he is.

I'd like to think everyone understands that leading a u18 league in points and goals as a 15 year old is impressive.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden

Lucky us that he’s not finnish then.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think he has a point though. Holtz is for sure a very good player but one should always be careful when looking at stats for the Swedish U16 and U18 leagues, they correlate very poorly with how good the player will be in 5 years. Hopefully Holtz can get some J20 games before Christmas, he sure deserves it.

Edit: Maybe there's a way to merge the two threads?

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
I think he has a point though. Holtz is for sure a very good player but one should always be careful when looking at stats for the Swedish U16 and U18 leagues, they correlate very poorly with how good the player will be in 5 years. Hopefully Holtz can get some J20 games before Christmas, he sure deserves it.

Edit: Maybe there's a way to merge the two threads?
The U16 and U18 leagues have a very wide spread from great to really poor teams so go by the stats are almost impossible, you have to scout these players to get a picture of the total package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad