LW Ahti Oksanen - Boston University, NCAA (2011 undrafted)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
As I answered in the NCAA free agent thread, Oksanen crashed hard into the boards ahead of the winter break, and looked like he could be lost long-term with an UBI, as he favored his right arm when he went off, but fast-forward to today, BU's first game after the break, and Oksanen's back in the lineup scoring the GWG to complete a 6-5 rally win over Harvard:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I thought Greenway only played LW, guess I was told wrong

Thanks for the info
Eh, they're wingers, so it could've been flipped at times too, as I was multi-tasking and wasn't watching faceoffs close enough to remember who positioned where. I mean, the GWG did have Greenway in on a LW battle to Lane behind the net to Oksanen in right slot.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Did he play his final year at forward or at D? Also anyone have a scouting report on him? Why has he not been signed?

Forward. He's a big forward, not a great skater but for a guy his size he can move just fine. Good scoring touch in front of the net, knows how to use his size to his advantage to shield the puck. He doesn't have the upside of a top 6 winger, but could be an effective bottom 6 guy. I'm surprised he hasn't signed yet. His teammate Matt Lane signed an AHL level deal, and Oksanen is definitely a better prospect than Lane. I would have thought a team would offer him an NHL contract, but if not, that's probably what he's holding out for instead of settling for an AHL level deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad