LW Adam Raska (2020, 201st, SJS; traded to MIN)

Babula

May 31, 2012
He was born at same day as Jaromir Pytlik 25th of September 2001. first day of eligibility for 2020 nhl entry draft.

Wonder, how high this tandem is rated in these days ?

LeonTheKing

Aug 8, 2016
25th of Septemer isn't first day of eligibility for Entry Draft, it's 15th of Septemer (look Jan Jenik).

Raska is solid prospect and he definitely deserve some attention, but not in the same tier as Pytlik. I live in Trinec so I have seen him play for a few times.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Raska will be playing for Rimouski in the Q this season. Should get plenty of exposure playing on the same team as Lafreniere, and I fully expect him to turn heads this season. Super high compete level.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Raska played on the top line for the U20 Czechs for a few games against the Slovaks earlier this week. I think he's being slept on a bit - the kid is a gamer. Even if he tops out as a forward with "only" bottom 6 potential, he should be a good one at that.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
He's the hardest working player in the draft. I'd draft in a bit higher than he will go just for that.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Rumors say he signed with Trinec and will not come back to QMJHL. Anyone can update us?
In an interview he himself said his future was in Trinec no matter what, as he has contract there. Only came overseas to help his draft stock in his draft year.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
The timing of the signature is strange though. He says it isn't COVID related but without COVID Rimouski's camp was starting at the beginning of August. Would he have signed before the start of the camp in August or being far from Rimouski these last few weeks helped the decision?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
In an interview he himself said his future was in Trinec no matter what, as he has contract there. Only came overseas to help his draft stock in his draft year.

Rimouski didn't draft an extra import player which means they didn't know about this

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I like Raska. He's got underrated puck skills and a good shot. He plays an aggressive game. However, he has a bit of a tunnel vision which limits his offensive upside.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
How did he looked at the SJS camp? Do they have something in him? Perhaps an energuy guy, Tomas Nosek type?
He has a decent chance at making the team out of camp. SJ has 5 forward spots open.
I’m guessing Weatherby, Gambrell or Pedersson take 2 spots as they’re Cs.
That leaves 3 spots, which Eklund, Dahlen, and most likely, Raska, fill the remaining 3 spots.

I will be very surprised if he doesn’t get some games this year or next year.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm guessing it's inconsequential and he will stay in the AHL. Cap casualty or extra contract in a trade. hope I'm wrong and maybe the Wild need a 'cannonball' type 4th liner but I don't know their roster at all.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I'm guessing it's inconsequential and he will stay in the AHL. Cap casualty or extra contract in a trade. hope I'm wrong and maybe the Wild need a 'cannonball' type 4th liner but I don't know their roster at all.
We don't "need" it but we often have room for those type of players as our 4th line is usually made of those types. Dewar, Duhaime (we also drafted Milne in the AHL). So if he can develop in the minors, there is some hope he can find his niche.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad