News Article: LVRJ: Carp's Summary of the State of the Knights

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
(That's not the title, but the story's actual title stinks and would make a bad thread title, IMO.)

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nhl-vegas/golden-knights-trains-running-team-prepares-1st-season

Some highlights:

AHL:
The team is finalizing an agreement, reportedly with the Chicago Wolves, to serve as the Knights’ American Hockey League affiliate

The major parts of the uniform are settled, but:
But according to Nehme E. Abouzeid, the team’s vice president for business, the official sweaters won’t be available for purchase until September.

TV Network:
“We hope to have an offer for television within the next week or so,” Foley said. “We have territorial rights for TV in all of Nevada along with Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Northern Arizona and Eastern California. Ideally, I’d like to see us televise our games in each of those markets. I want us to be the team of the Rocky Mountains.”

Plus info on the preseason schedule and the trademark issue.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Foley said:
"I want us to be the team of the Rocky Mountains.â€
:facepalm: A team everyone associates with the desert, in a league with the Colorado Avalanche :avs (just look at the snow in the logo and the meaning of the name) and after you, Mr. Foley, decided to have "Golden" rather than, say, the more icy referencing "Silver" in your team's name.

You really want to try and be the team of the Rockies?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
:facepalm: A team everyone associates with the desert, in a league with the Colorado Avalanche :avs (just look at the snow in the logo and the meaning of the name) and after you, Mr. Foley, decided to have "Golden" rather than, say, the more icy referencing "Silver" in your team's name.

You really want to try and be the team of the Rockies?

I think he's confusing the Rockies with the Intermountain West. If he was looking to accurately describe our TV area it would be the Intermountain West. The area between the Rockies and the Sierras.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jerseys won't be available until September

Now I'm convinced we won't see them until draft day at the earliest.

Would be kinda dumb if they weren't revealed past that point too and put a generic NHL jersey on our draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad